ratbike stunts (accidental or intentional lol)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so i was out and about today and i saw this cool tall bike with a wheelie bar riding a wheelie across the street.
when i circled back to try to get pics/vids of the bike,i could not find him.
so after returning home and power sliding by accident on black ice, i came up with a good topic.
rat bike stunters; i know people build sweet bikes.but what more fun then doing stunts on them?
got pics/vids show them we'd love to see whether it was intentional or just a moment of oops and it has been caught .
i am gonna try to find this tall bike dude and see if i can catch him again
Sean

Here is my Urban Klunker slide with Firewing from BO8.:crazy:

nice lol
i have had a wheelie mishap when i kicked up the fornt end on ym flying wedge that thing always wanted to wheelie the joys of a long fork not bent lol
that water incident reminds me of when i rented a mountainbike up in laconia nh and took it thru the river needless to say i didn't make it lol
thanks for sharing their both great
sean

I usually wear a helmet, but didn't while testing out a homemade fork extension on this bike. It had 26 x 3 tires and it was too heavy to recover this wheelie from going over backward. The tire was about 8 feet in the air. That was the first time I wore that field jacket also. I was sure I broke my leg, but it was just a sprained knee and ankle.
v76v77.jpg

Riding my Klunker on the snow bike trail last winter. I am unwelcome this year. My Klunkers and I have been banned for life from the snow bike trails as they mess up the trail. I think the hikers are just as bad as they make the trail real bumpy. Its a challenge on skinny tires because the trail is narrow and if you get to the side where it is soft, well, forget it. Fun while it lasted.

Click on the picture to see the video.

Well i dont have a pic of it since it was waaaay back but about 20 or so years ago i was hopping my lowrider bike with the spring fork like a jackass...to make a long story short the lower fork bracket came unbolted at the headtube and over the bars i went.....in the middle of the road none-the-less...Lol. Lesson learned...

I usually wear a helmet, but didn't while testing out a homemade fork extension on this bike. It had 26 x 3 tires and it was too heavy to recover this wheelie from going over backward. The tire was about 8 feet in the air. That was the first time I wore that field jacket also. I was sure I broke my leg, but it was just a sprained knee and ankle.
v76v77.jpg
well it has been awhile since I replied to this thread to be honest I forgot i had posted it:headbang:
that looks like it could have hurt worse then you did.glad you didn't get hurt more then the sprain
I can definitely relate to wheelie fails I have pretty much ended every wheelie in a fail.
but man dude you must have some strength!!! that bike looks heavy and to get it up that far you must be strong.

well I got a new one for y'all
I was out tearing up on my recent huffy thunder 5 klunker I built and testing a new stem
well needless to say it failed when I hit a loose mud spot on the road
I went down the handlebars went way forward and to one side and I went over the handlebars and down I went.
luckily I only got a scraped knee and a cut on my thumb but the bike... well...

the battlewounds are as follows yes there si blood but no major injuries I laughed it off and cleaned up and am planning on fixing the bike and riding again.

the mud I hit I didn't see it til I hit it and I was tearing it up lol

the scene of the crime I just looked at it and said dang that was fun lol

now on to rebuilding the thunder 5 and starting over again

well it has been awhile since I replied to this thread to be honest I forgot i had posted it:headbang:
that looks like it could have hurt worse then you did.glad you didn't get hurt more then the sprain
I can definitely relate to wheelie fails I have pretty much ended every wheelie in a fail.
but man dude you must have some strength!!! that bike looks heavy and to get it up that far you must be strong.

Just by pure luck, we welded up that bike and it was aligned perfectly, and I could ride it no hands, and pull a wheelie easily. Just way too heavy.
No more wheelies for me, "50 yr old male on homemade bike doing stunts" is what the chart read at the hospital. At least the nurses got a laugh out of it for a change.

"50 yr old male on homemade bike doing stunts" is what the chart read at the hospital. At least the nurses got a laugh out of it for a change.
:praise: That is awesome!

Luke.

well I got a new one I was out surveying the fold along the bike path and as I took a corner a dang chicken was crossing the path(just my luck ). kind of brings new meaning to why did the chicken cross the road now i know it was to make the fat man fall off his bike lol.
I rolled 3 times after going over the handlebars down the hill.
other then my pride I did not get hurt and the bike wasn't damaged and the chicken ran off and I have not seen it since.
here is the skid mark I made the one time my brakes actually work lol

and the scene of the crime roadkill doen killed the road :headbang:

for what it is worth I got some good shots of the river high but not too badly flooded

Latest posts

Back