What size fenders for 24" X 3"??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

Just got a Felt El Guapo with 24" rims and 3" Felt Thick Brick tires and I want to get some fenders for it. Going to do a little customizing and want to end up with a boardracer/bobber style look. I want them to match the size of the wheel as close as possible as I want to mount them real close to the tire.

I'm a bit confused though on what size I should buy. Obviously I said they were 24" rims, but with the 3" tires I think I may have read somewhere that it actually makes them more like a 26" tire. Does anyone have any experience in this or any idea of which one would be the closest fit?

Might have to take the wheel off and drag it to the store and test for fit but maybe some one here knows?

Thanks, HB

Yeah, the 24x3s are closer on OD to the 26s. I've got a fat front fender from a prewar bike that apparently is a from a 24" bike because it doesn't fit right over the 24x3s on one of my bikes. The ends of the fender touch the tire but in the middle of the fender it sits away from the tire.

Thanks for that. I appreciate the response and expected as much but thought I would ask from someone who knew.

I'll look for 26" fenders.

Cheers, HB

Yep, 26 " fender works on the 24x3. And if you want a real close fitting fender, you can,with your hands, pull the sides of the fender outwards a little bit, a LITTLE BIT, all the way around the fender and it will make the fender radius smaller therefore fitting the fender closer to the tire. If you need a larger radius, a bigger space between the fender and tire, squeeze the sides together. Working the fenders like this can give a more consistant radius around the tires and give them a more custom fitted look. My2cents.
Dangerous Dan

Latest posts

Back