Show Your Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since customs are welcome in this thread, here goes~~
This build started as an exercise in what if bike companies where still making Muscle Bikes using their BMX line~~Started with a discarded '99 Dyno Zone~~Calling this one finished~~~~~

Dyno Muscle Zone Wheel Stander~~(boy the name is almost longer than the bike~haha)

2006 Schwinn Manta-Ray w/Monark repro springer

MuscleMemorie21615001_zpsdf5a2f5a.jpg

MuscleMemorie21615004_zps9547251d.jpg

MuscleMemorie21615008_zpsb94e5a8f.jpg

Since customs are welcome in this thread, here goes~~
This build started as an exercise in what if bike companies where still making Muscle Bikes using their BMX line~~Started with a discarded '99 Dyno Zone~~Calling this one finished~~~~~

Dyno Muscle Zone Wheel Stander~~(boy the name is almost longer than the bike~haha)

I really like your bike, it's got such a clean look about it. Most muscle bikes have a flashy look but yours just looks mean just the way it is, I wouldn't change a thing, very nice! :113:

I own two Manta-Rays. One for show and one for parts. The one for show is a 2005 and the one for parts is a 2006. Thought about changing the fork and putting the extra rear tire I have from the one for parts in the front. For now, just leaving her the way she is. A good bike that should have been named Stingray instead of their OC chopper. They should have simply named that bike the OC Chopper. Yours looks to have an OC chopper front tire on it. Kool. I recently took off the bottom backrest and it looks better that way. Trying right now to find a way to bend the sissy bar I had made for it back a little, just over the seat. I don't have a machine shop and have limited tools.

BackRestManta_zps6c7615d4.png

I own two Manta-Rays. One for show and one for parts. The one for show is a 2005 and the one for parts is a 2006. Thought about changing the fork and putting the extra rear tire I have from the one for parts in the front. For now, just leaving her the way she is. A good bike that should have been named Stingray instead of their OC chopper. They should have simply named that bike the OC Chopper. Yours looks to have an OC chopper front tire on it. Kool. I recently took off the bottom backrest and it looks better that way. Trying right now to find a way to bend the sissy bar I had made for it back a little, just over the seat. I don't have a machine shop and have limited tools.

BackRestManta_zps6c7615d4.png
Hi Zig,
Yes, it is the front wheel and tire off of the OCC Sting-Ray; what I can’t do in my shop I out-sources to the LBS, fender-bender or electrical sub-contractor; it’s amazing what you can get done for two large pizzas!

The fork angle and trail are perfect for riding and cornering – an amazingly comfortable rider, indeed!

I am in total agreement with you; these Manta-Rays should have been the successors to the Sting-Rays! IMHO they easily have one of the most beautiful frames ever made.

Last edited:
Yeah, Zy, the bottom bar of the Manta bends up instead of down, like most bikes. Leaves little room for a motor that way, but I never wanted to go that way with my bikes anyway. Maybe for my 2007 Black Friday Stingray that I fashioned into a chopper. Still contemplating that possibility.

BlackFridayNoose_zpsf64c9058.jpg

Great looking hardwood flooring, really nice paint too. :21:

All kidding aside, thats one of the best collections I've ever seen. Just great!

67ramshorn that is a amazing collection of Schwinn bikes. I also like seeing the other muscle bikes in there too.
What are the museum hours I would love to visit?
Yeah, when can we go over and check em out.

Wow there are some killer bikes in this thread!

Mine aren't very original but they're great riders.

Aug '64 Stingray. Was missing the original wheels so I built up some alum rims. Kept the 36 spoke rear 28 spoke front configuration. Good cruiser.

3TglBO.jpg

1969 Fastback. SRAM XO 1X9 setup with 11-32t cassette. Modern dual pivot brakes. Campagnolo front hub and headset. Fast cruiser.

paint4_zps974a30fe.jpg~original

1976 Stingray. Slowly becoming a Scrambler clone. SRAM X9 1X10 drivetrain. Truvative (SRAM) hollow spindle 165mm cranks. Answer carbon front fork with 1 1/8 threadless. FSA Orbit headset. Vintage Answer Manitou MTB fork made into sissy bar suspension. Campy Record front hub, Mutant Electra rims, Odyssey Chase Hawk tires. Super super fast. Still a work in progress.

snow5_zps670b8ec4.jpg~original

Last edited:
This thread is gigantic :43:

SunLite Monark fork w/a Kenda Krusader 24X3 tire (replaced the smaller 24X2.1 front tire) on a 2006 Schwinn Manta-Ray

FatBloke001_zps456fb041.jpg

FatBloke006_zps1b3187e8.jpg

Muscle Bikes are beyond - beyond! :)

BTY this bikes new and permanent name is "Fat Bloke" :D

Latest posts

Back