I consider it a good day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the balance bike also. I think that it is one of the best things that you can do for a kid. I pushed my duaghter 5 feet and she was off and riding. Now we ride to school every day we can. And that is the best part of my whole day.

Enjoy your time with her.

That's rad man. I raise 2 daughters 100% by myself and I taught them both to ride in less then a week. I would make them zig zag on their bikes while I would talk to them so they wouldn't pay attention to the fear factor. Fast forward to 4 years later and we go on 5 mile rides together now. Got my 8 yr old a 64 stingray and my 9 yr old a 62 Schwinn. Best feeling in the world to watch your youngsters light up with smiles on their bikes.

It's good dad moment I'm posting this as I remember the day my boy rode away form me in the back yard of my home. Now at 16 he's driving his car away from me now.

Good solid comments, except the 16 yr old son driving comment. The thought of my 5 yr old at 16 scares me.
My 12 yr old has a 1952 24" skiptooth with apes, my 10 yr old has a 1978 MX huffy with GT Mohawks and Hoffman rims. I'm thinking I should add some pictures.
Also wanted to add that I did not go buy a Strider type bike. I pulled the crank out of her little bike and zip-tied the chain outta the way. The rat rod way...

Last edited:
Well the day before yesterday mine was 5 yrs old ...blink of an eye he's 16 time moving way too quick enjoy them all while you can ......that for ALL the dad's....n mom's

Latest posts

Back