lets see those homemade tanks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randythe Rat, Did you post pictures or is it me? an old dryer? How did you get the curve in the top. Or is it just a flat piece of metal?
It's a tank with two sides just used the metal from a old dryer.
Made a template from cardboard for the sides and flat piece of metal for the top and welded it.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of my fake - fake tanks! Particle board with filler,primer and paint. The last one is in progress. I still need to do more shaping. I may try to vacuum form over them or use them as patterns for a metal version. I have no tools for bending or cutting sheet metal (yet!).
Picture130.jpg

Picture177.jpg

Picture178.jpg
At first glance this looks like a flat board, But then there is more. Do you have any more pictures of this? I almost passed by your talent here. WOW.

what type of foam? Most foam that I see does not sand well as it flakes off. VERY nice finished product.
Regular isulation foam panel , mine was blue, but the pink is the same thing , it sands pretty well with coarse grain ,but like all foam you will end up covered in sticky foam dust ;)

copper for a tall tank mead with a copper battery tube and brackets, need to finish it at some point, make a door for tank, roll a couple beads in bat. tube. not sure if I am going to solder it together on inside or blind rivet it together yet. going in a different tall tank frame but this one was handy for mockup

copper for a tall tank mead with a copper battery tube and brackets, need to finish it at some point, make a door for tank, roll a couple beads in bat. tube. not sure if I am going to solder it together on inside or blind rivet it together yet. going in a different tall tank frame but this one was handy for mockup

Really nice!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back