Leaf Blade Fenders?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I see these fenders... [Id upload, but Im in the families house atm..]
..they look like nice big Ballooner fenders, but have this extra wide tail end on them that looks like a leaf giving the wheel some extra coverage for the back end of each fender. I think a few were used in some RRBBO's..

Anyone have a namebrand for them? Or make them and have a set price?

[Need em for a 1939 26" Columbia Westfield Super Deluxe]

FZ

as always, any feedback mucho appreciated, though not expecting anything until tomorrow.
Enjoy the Fireplace and good surroundings!

heck with it... THESE:

fender_zps54e041e1.jpg

[Credit owed to watermark]

FZ

Very cool, but I think the picture belongs in another thread ;)
Its a discussion on Bikes and Bike parts.

Bike Talk..about bikes.. I think it fits wicked savvy.
If it gets moved, that's fine, but I don't see a problem here.

FZ

Sorry, I meant a babes on bikes thread like over on the CABE
Aha. A new Forum section.. would be pretty neat, but drives quite a ways from the goal here I think, not to mention its an all ages site and Christian backed. With respects to that, I wont be posting anything else like this.. If I had the reference photo I wanted at hand, Id have used that.

SO..about those fenders!

FZ

Shouldn't be too hard to fab up skirts on the fenders you have to look similar. It looks like a flat piece cutout and riveted on.
I have a messenger back of wrenches, zipties and screwdrivers.. Im a most limited fellow with a BEDROOM for a workshop ^.6

It will take some fenagling to make that a possibility. :p

FZ

I have a messenger back of wrenches, zipties and screwdrivers.. Im a most limited fellow with a BEDROOM for a workshop ^.6

It will take some fenagling to make that a possibility. :p

FZ
I can understand that. So finding might be better than making in your situation. It would require some power tools, grinder, drill and a cutter, then a hammer and punch for rivets... As well as some cold rolled sheet.

I can understand that. So finding might be better than making in your situation. It would require some power tools, grinder, drill and a cutter, then a hammer and punch for rivets... As well as some cold rolled sheet.
Oh Chewy.. how I wish you could be my conscience to tell me the proper way to form and treat sheet metal.

I think searching for, as apposed to making is going to be much more affordable, given my tools. =]

FZ

Many newer bike manufacturers are making fenders with attached flairs. Electra, Nirve, and Micargi all have them in certain rear fenders. But the flair is located at the front of the fender. If never looked at them closely but it shouldn't be hard to swap them to the back. Maybe as easy as drilling a few holes or slots.

Many newer bike manufacturers are making fenders with attached flairs. Electra, Nirve, and Micargi all have them in certain rear fenders. But the flair is located at the front of the fender. If never looked at them closely but it shouldn't be hard to swap them to the back. Maybe as easy as drilling a few holes or slots.
thats what I figured.. would you be able to link me?

FZ

Latest posts

Back