.....and today in my bike hunting history!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked this up!! I know it's an Elgin Twin...just not sure of much else! :D

I just got into bikes just a little over a year ago......the last bike I had owned previous was probably 1980.....so I am still novice as all get out. Stumbling along so to speak......learning as I go!

I am pretty sure the front forks are not original as they are green in color and there are spots on the frame I can see reddish color. I think the fenders are from a girls bike as there is holes in the rear fender that looks like there was skirts attached at one time.

I don't care though.....kinda like it a lot!!!

This one is such a keeper!!!

From my understanding, they sometimes had issues around the bottom bracket area. Give the whole frame a really good look over and cleaning and make sure there are no cracks or breaks.

A guy I know whom sold me a 51 Hawthorne and 39 Goodyear just over a year ago notified me he had another bike up for sale. A bike I did not even know he had! He just recently moved from the city out into the country (desert) side and can't really ride these types of bikes anymore! I met up with him today......and I am thrilled with it!!!

That's an Awesome find! Congratulations.:113:

Just a whiff of this bike should bring 'Nickinator' :praise:out of his apparent hibernation and he can fill in any remaining blanks.

Latest posts

Back