Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hott bike... I like it more over here than on that other site. :21: I hope you changed the saddle, right? It amazes me how much the hand-built frame looks like my robo-built....except your welds look neater. I'm off to the museum to see what other 26"ers you've got that i can guilt-trip you into posting over here....
Hahahaha.. Hit in my soft spot why won't you...:blackeye:

Here's mine. 1979 Bassett cruiser...built Cal Custom/Strandie style...

Frame: 1979 Bassett 26" Star Cruiser
Fork: Bassett 26" R-TOO full chromoly forks
Bars: VDC cruiser bars w/original stickers
Stem: early Tuf Neck "Patent Pending"
Cranks: Takagi 180 with sealed BB
Pedals: KKT Lightning
Spider: gold Sugino alloy
Chainring: Sugino 41
Bolts: Sugino
Chain: KMC
Seat: Vintage Schwinn Mesinger
Seatpost: fluted twisty
Clamp: Tuf Neck
Hoops:NOS Araya 7x
Hubs: front NOS 1st gen Sunshine sealed/rear fresh 1968 Sachs Torpedo Duomatic 2 speed kickback
Spokes: DT Stainless Steel
Tires: Cheng Shin cruiser
Grips: Ame motocross waffle

CIMG0049.jpg

CIMG0043.jpg
That Bassett is outstanding!

This is a 29'r made by Genesis, called the Onex. I made her a lil' different. :dance2:
10628025_1466416283635339_7500826873760917995_n.jpg

Whether it is by way of an old Monark frame or an OM Flyer, I have built them out of classic and new school cruisers. I can't believe there hasn't been a thread started about these, unless for some reason they don't belong here, but to be sure they would be welcome, we have nearly all spent years of our own riding these awesome bikes. Always loving bmx bikes as a kid, now as a big kid that no longer fits on them, 26" cruiser fills the void. Back in the 70's 26" was the cruiser race class, 80's they switched to the 24" bikes we see racing today. I'm sure most of you have seen this one on here in past but here's my pride and joy I spent a few months gathering parts for to build it. 2012 Retro OM Flyer.
Picture927.jpg

Picture926.jpg

Picture925.jpg

Here is a recent build I did with an american made Huffy Mountain bike,...
H3.jpg

H2.jpg

Here's a build I did with a Kent La Jolla I stripped,...

The La Jolla is awesome!

Nice.!!! Double bars down tubes... What frame set is this.. Torker.? Love the bars and double clamp slanted stem set up..
Paul built that frame from the ground up...as in, from a pile of steel tubing. He does that kind of thing. :rockout::crazy::rockout: I believe the stem and bars are GBP, too....

Yes, you are correct sir, I've made two of these "double trouble" frames now, I plan to make a few more to help hone my sub-par TIG skills and then I give them away at the finish of the CBC. I have enough droupouts for 4 or 5 more.

Yes, you are correct sir, I've made two of these "double trouble" frames now, I plan to make a few more to help hone my sub-par TIG skills and then I give them away at the finish of the CBC. I have enough droupouts for 4 or 5 more.

Well, from that pic, the frame looks hott. How long are the seat-tube and top-tube? As for "sub-par" TIG skills, i dunno, man.... my Article 1 has welds that ain't stack-of-dime perfect, but the penetration is good, and they're definitely par or better. :grin: Satisfied customer, right here...

What kinda drop outs are on the "Double Trouble"?

Paul built that frame from the ground up...as in, from a pile of steel tubing. He does that kind of thing. :rockout::crazy::rockout: I believe the stem and bars are GBP, too....
I want a frame like that, one that someone put the pride effort in making. A frame so kool looking and with style..
Respects here for a awesome built bike.!!

Latest posts

Back