Lets see some 24" lovin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here build up any 24" rat bikes, like Typhoons? Here's a 63' Typhoon I'm building for a local RRB build off.

20130516_165008-1.jpg

Recently went through this 24" Rollfast for my son. He wanted a vintage ride, with lots of patina. I pulled this out of the desert, almost complete, and so we greased it up for him, and he loves it.

Hawthorne 24" rat:

Hiawatha I build for my 72 year old cousin. She rides it everyday, weather permitting.

Before:

After:

B.F. Goodrich "Sabre" mostly original:

here is my DBS a bicycle made in Norway, i´m going to change stem and bar for a BMX combo

8yunmb.jpg
This thing is SICK.!!!
I would agree on the stem and bars change but I would also go for a bmx forks and remove the chain guard.. Maybe consider some bmx pedals also and a Brooks cruiser saddle too..
Love the look on this cruiser.. I want to see what you do with this thing..

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. but as you can see i like them old stuff so pedals and fork will stay stock. Maybe if i get to find a BMX fork 1" for 24" wheels i´ll change it. And an updated picture :)

5yw0ic.jpg

I am going to paint the stem, got some white leather grips, and white chain coming for it. Gonna touch it up with some paint pin stripes around the outside edge of the rims

Thanks a lot. but as you can see i like them old stuff so pedals and fork will stay stock. Maybe if i get to find a BMX fork 1" for 24" wheels i´ll change it. And an updated picture :)

5yw0ic.jpg
That looks so kool.!!!
Don't get me wrong I like the way it looks and everyone has there own likes in there builds.. I personaly would had these changes if I had a chance to play with the build.. Those bars made a big change in the look on this cruiser..

That looks so kool.!!!
Don't get me wrong I like the way it looks and everyone has there own likes in there builds.. I personaly would had these changes if I had a chance to play with the build.. Those bars made a big change in the look on this cruiser..

I totally understand, and i like your thinking. and to be honest you made me looking for a new fork :)

going original is no plan for me, i´m too lazy to find all parts. The bike was found on the local junkyard and the wheels as well :) but next bike is going under the grinder and welding machine :)

10659061_10203917867964630_8653997086478613946_o.jpg

Here´s another picture with the latest update, bar/stem combo. Now i´m looking for a 24" BMX fork as "araya51" suggested, thanks i really understand why you mentioned it :) but so far it´s a pretty cool bike to cruise around on

That cruiser is looking good "riverstream".. I had some 24" bmx forks that would had been perfect for your cruiser but I traded them.
Check on PorkChops.com to see if they have some forks your bike or eBay. If I see some I'll send you some info..

10659061_10203917867964630_8653997086478613946_o.jpg

Here´s another picture with the latest update, bar/stem combo. Now i´m looking for a 24" BMX fork as "araya51" suggested, thanks i really understand why you mentioned it :) but so far it´s a pretty cool bike to cruise around on
Cool bike, but I think it deserves a better set of bars than those GT/Dynos. I would probably throw some chrome Schwinn Freeform bars on, myself.

Latest posts

Back