my bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All work on these bikes was done by me except chrome and paint striping, It seems like i'm always learning new tricks and cant seem to shake the addiction

001_zps87f9277c.jpg

006_zpsc16ba4a5.jpg

005_zps20ccc37c.jpg

217_zpsdce4dad1.jpg

275.jpg

437_zpsf4a11d07.jpg

432_zps30cca4ae.jpg

The wife's rig
428_zps9266a859.jpg

425_zpsb31b8849.jpg

423_zpsd74a5e15.jpg

001_zps0d3d1ad0.jpg

Wife's other rig
060_zpsc08123f9.jpg

399_zps409b2b00.jpg

You got some mad skills and style buddy!!! Glad I could help you on posting the full size photos.
I thought I recognized the cool bike against the tree from a previous build off and found it was your first Devil's Darling from BO7. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/devils-darling.61057/
Welcome back to RRB! I look forward to seeing how you turn this other bike into the next Devil's Darling. I really like your style on each of the builds above, so I am sure the new build will be top shelf as well.

ya that 1st devil's darling was an undocumented build and half built before i even knew of this web site, so i consider this my 1st attempt at the build off. I'm a poor A&P mechanic for a living, so i have a bunch of cheap easy tricks for restoring these bikes. The best trick off all is removing rust by soaking steel part in vinegar for 24 hours, then scrubing with a good brass brush then, wiping or soaking in oil ( AFC 50, lubricant and corrosion preventative) Works awesome on skiptooth chains. Most of the time the vinegar eats the rust out of the stuck links. Since brass is softer than steel it wont scratch it, and leaves a yellow ( brass) tint to it. I think the brass transfer also helps prevent the corrosion from returning. Be carefull not to soak in vinegar for to long, it can damage the steel. Once I left a skiptooth chain in the vinegar for 3 days & while cleaning it the chain links started breaking apart.

i t

Negative, The green bike ( Shelby bicycle that was badged Caddillac) is not bent, that's how she was made.
Thanks y'all for the positive feedback, Daniel

I should have included the fact that the Higgins and 2 others i sold off. Also i fully restored a 1940 Elgin that got sold off.
i really regret it but having 2 young kids they take priority over my bicycle addiction.........

Look man you have a problem:confused:... You might be in denial, but you are a "Junky" my friend. Fortunately I can help!
Following this post I will be sending you a PM, it will contain my address. Pick out any two bikes that you have posted, box them up and send them to me. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to ridding yourself of this hideous affliction... Reducing your number of bike by sending two of them to me is the second step!!!:rofl:

It's not fare, nobody should have that many cool bikes:(

In response to Mike G. I already have addmitted my addiction, maybe when i work the 9th step i can send them out. Only problem is i can't find a vintage bicycle anonymous sponcer.......

Latest posts

Back