4th of July Giveaway Contest! Guess how much scrap metal...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Happy 4th of July everyone (sorry to my British friends and others!)

Some of you may remember me doing this back before Christmas: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...way-contest-guess-how-much-scrap-metal.79966/

Again, I've got a pile of scrap on my trailer, mostly bicycles. Cleaning the back yard to discourage some local thieves who have taken some nice bikes from the pile.

Again, I have no idea how much is on this trailer, no clue how many bikes, just looking forward to getting a little cash in my pocket for the weekend, BUT YOU CAN BENEFIT TOO!

Here's the contest. (ends July 5th 2014)

Based on these photos alone how much weight do you think is on the trailer? (in pounds)
IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

If you guess correctly I will buy and have a Park Tool BO-3 Mini Bottle Opener shipped to you house.
BO_3.jpg

Here are the rules:
-only 1 guess per person in 1 post. The post CANNOT be edited
-this is for only people in continental US, so that I can ship it for free (sorry all others, wish my pockets were deeper)
-I will not reveal results until at least 20 people have guessed a weight
-It is your responsibility to make sure you do not guess a weight that has already been posted, first person with the weight is the one that counts

Finally, this is my contest, so I have the final say on everything, so no whining, this is all for fun and at most a $5.50 bottle opener. Thank you.

*This contest is held by me personally and is not affiliated or endorsed by RatRodBikes.com

Last edited:
You can post your guesses today 7/3/14 and tomorrow 7/4/14, any guesses that are dated July 5th or later are ineligible.

Scrap has been weighed and paid, now I'm just watching as your guesses come in for another day.

Scrap price was down, $9.00/hundred. The guys at the yard suggested I make more money by separating my aluminum and steel, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Latest posts

Back