Friend Found, But What Is It?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Raleigh built. they built bikes for many companeys. that looks like its a rebrand of the Raleigh model Sports.

I don't think it's Raleigh built. The fork crowns, pump braze ons, and other details just don't look Raleigh.
Googling around it looks like it's Dutch made. Not much value either beyond being a decent city bike.

Looks like a Hercules bike, built before the Raleigh takeover in 1960. It has a Brampton shifter and English components, so it's British, and before 1960. Is the rear hub a Sturmey Archer? I'll bet it is, and it will have a date code on the shell. I'd offer 50 bucks for it, if that's the bike you want. But to flip it,no. I zoomed in on the rear hub but couldn't make out the wording.

There is a little about Hartog bikes over on bikeforums.net.
Still looks like it's Dutch from what I see googling around.

yeah i agree with kingfish254 here i too googled and it comes back as being a dutch built bicycle
as far as value not a whole lot of info on it.
the front sprocket is pretty cool that might be able to get you a little money but the whole bike im unsure.
i am gonna take a crack and tell you what i would sell it for if i had it in my shop not necessarily the value,just what i would ask for it.
in it's current condition as it sits with absolutely nothing done to it i would sell it for 50 bucks and hope to get about 40 for it.
sorry about te value being low there is just no comparison for pricing and these 3 speeds don't sell to well.
it would be a cool cruising bike though so i say keep it and ride it as it sits.
hope that helps
Sean

If you cleaned it up and fixed it/new tires you might be able to get $250 to $300 for it its a older bike in fairly good condition. its got lighting and what not and its unique so it would be worth fixing up. I sell plenty of bikes like this. they sell well here anyway. lol

Latest posts

Back