Custom Diamondback "JOKER" ~~DONE, FINISHED, CONCLUDED!~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.rintendo.com/Products/Smallwheel/gaap-lineup.htm Have you seen these from Japan? or cannondale hooligans for inspiration? I would love a 20 inch moulton sized bike but beefier with trick suspension, also like these - http://speedonebike.com/_en/product_detail.php?id=54 or - http://www.foldingbikes.co.uk/763438/products/airnimal-rhino-black.aspx
Wow! Some very cool stuff there Dezzie!

Really love these ones:

14324827863_6685479ce6_z.jpg

14302730882_dc51bc15a2_o.jpg

I did some working out and there are around $2000-2500 each though! Not cheap and I probably would not fit them either!

I had thought about making this one full suspension, but I much prefer to ride hardtail anyway, so figured rear suspension would be only there for looks and I would probably use it less because of it.

Looking forward to getting started on it, must finish the other one first though!

Luke.

If it can be done, you will be the one to do it,and do it well:praise:
:21: Thanks for the vote of confidence Gold Street! :thumbsup:

I put those pics above side by side with my bikecad efforts and realised I might still have my sizing off, so went back into bikecad and I found a section that lets you put in the sizes of the intended rider and it gives suggestions on seat heights etc, turns out it was still a bit small for someone my size, I didn't go as big as what it suggested, but I did increase the sizing a bit, and this is the result:

14282086796_c8924dddea_z.jpg

Looks gigantic until you remember that the wheels are only 21" tall... Thinking I will shrink it back a bit more from this mock up still, I would prefer a lower standover height...

Luke.

That looks like a fun ride! But, what happened to the other bike?
You mean this one I just finished all the metalwork on today? ;)

14123266978_f8fff3c54c_z.jpg

All prepped and ready for powder! 1 month start to finish, pretty impressed considering the health and weather issues!

Work can start on the new bike now...

Luke.

Done up another design on BikeCad today, this one still uses the suggested sizing for someone my size to ride but uses extra length instead of extra height to achieve it, I prefer the way it looks, getting closer to a final design now:

14123724149_4c6e83dc9a_z.jpg

Luke.

All prepped and ready for powder! 1 month start to finish, pretty impressed considering the health and weather issues!

Luke.

Looks great Luke. I was going to powdercoat mine, but a 4 wheel purchase is happening next week, so rattlecans it will be!

Looks great Luke. I was going to powdercoat mine, but a 4 wheel purchase is happening next week, so rattlecans it will be!
Thanks Bean!
Have you priced powdercoating up there in Rocky? If it is similar to here it may not be that much more expensive than a thorough rattlecan job...

Luke.

Thanks Bean!
Have you priced powdercoating up there in Rocky? If it is similar to here it may not be that much more expensive than a thorough rattlecan job...

Luke.

Looking at around $180 for a good job (the other place is cheaper, but crap), for the frame and fork bits (two colours), and I can rattlecan for about $60. I'll probably get it powdered in the future. It's not a necessary vehicle I'm buying, and I'll feel guilty about buying it until I can sell my Ford ute to offset the purchase, so every buck counts at the moment.

Luke.

absolute awesome frame!!! as always!!!! the new bike design is impressive!!! cool designs and execution

Troy

Ive always secretly wanted a Ute too! you Aussies have way too much fun with cars :grin:
You mean like this one? :grin:

14327660995_54ca2a7226_z.jpg

Spent today buying bolts and planning forks and axles, turns out the axles were the hard bit, I will show you guys the work involved when I get to that bit. I now have everything I need for the axles and also everything I need for the Girvin style fork, so I sketched out the bike off the last BikeCad design and then scaled it all out so I can take my measurements straight off the picture:

14140994779_a471f05760_z.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can get started on the fork building! :dance2:

Luke.

14140994779_a471f05760_z.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can get started on the fork building! :dance2:

Luke.
iam sure this is just a quick sketch , but just in case... that shock position wont work;)

Latest posts

Back