DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Bendix hub all cleaned and ready to reassemble as soon as my grease arrives. Everything looks to be in good shape.

This is the boring part of the build.:rolleyes:
100_6897_zpscaea581c.jpg
I am dreading doing this myself, looks all clean up now

I'm undecided on a rim for the rear slick, but I might stick it on something just to see it on the bike.

I'll be using this Rubino Pro Slick for the front.
100_6789_zps93fc089b.jpg

Very cool tire, and I love the bontrager wheel too. If you throw the Jerald on a random wheel and mock it up it might give you a better idea of which direction you want to go with the rim:grin:

I took everything apart except that specialized part (because of not having that tool). I decided that it didn't seem that critical because what's left didn't have any moving parts attached. I hope I'm not overlooking something, but if so, I can always make that tool and take it back apart later. I haven't rebuilt it yet, so if I need to do it now, I still can.

You can tear these down from either side, it's just a little easier doing it from the drive end of things. Unlike some IGH's, these are pretty tough to mess up.

The mail carrier has been good to me this week!
First the Jerald Slick, the grease came in yesterday so that I can put the Bendix back together, and today I got two more pieces of the puzzle, complements of Smoopy's Vintage Bicycles!

Here's a teaser;)
100_6910_zpsc2f642ac.jpg

Dracothered, socratesjpt and kingsting, I'm hoping to put the hub back together tonight. My wife is taking the kids and their visiting cousins skating and I'm staying home with a new tube of grease and a pile of parts.;):D

Hopefully they were not sticking out like that..:eek:..enjoy them bud!!
Nah, they arrived safe and sound. Just showing a little tease until I put them on the Dana for a better picture.

Thanks again, can't wait to put'em on!

Got the Bendix back together last night and am going to grease up the Dana today.

Its interesting to see someone that is sharing every detail that they do. Not just from the amazing design standpoint, but the hands on mechanical portion of a build as well, right down to the opened up gear assemblies that they are redoing. There are a lot of guys with great concepts and a lot of people that don't mind getting their hands dirty, but Drag King is a great combination of a total ol' school backyard hands-on build by a guy that is able to get it all done with just his own two hands!:41:

That's why he's called The Renaissance Man! :)

Thanks CeeBee, I just wish I could weld like you do. I usually just fab parts and tack weld them, then turn it over to my cousin that welds almost daily. My welds don't look like his for some reason!

Fordsnake, I chose that name because I'm into a variety of things in art, music and building, but I've yet to master anything.:confused:

You are so hardcore for getting the correct grease, my hat off to you sir. That Dana is going to be so sweet! I cant wait to see what kind of shifter you make for it:113:
The main thing about the grease is the waterproof claims that it makes. I'm guessing if it's formulated for aviation, it should be good!
I think you'll like the shifter when I get to it! I've been working on the mechanics of how to mount it and am looking forward to getting it done myself!

Lots of learning material watching this build.
:41:
That's one of the great things about this site, there's always something to learn from everyone!

By using the aviation grease, I bet that thing will FLY when its finished!:)
That's awesome! hadn't thought of it that way.;)
Nice Dana pic, this should be cool, your rolling right along,may have to change the name on mine to Pro Procrastinator, just like real racing time is always a challenge.
I learned my lesson last year. After two months I realized that I couldn't finish what I had started and had to start over! I'm determined not to let that happen again. Every little bit of progress get's you that much closer!

Thanks to epay, I just purchased another small but important piece of the puzzle about an hour ago!:D

Latest posts

Back