1934 Schwinn tall

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The packed gravel/dirt paths in this open space park are so nice to cut through. It's the turf these bikes were made for.

That's a nice lookin' bike! Mine tall bike has a funny bent bottom tube...Gotta do a long ride with you sometime if I ever get out to Colorado. Your urban/industrial area camping trip sounded like a lot of fun. I tried a 500 miler last summer but only did 150 miles of it over 3 days of riding. I wonder if you could make a spring loaded drop stand catch that bolts on via the axle instead of the Vampire killer on the back? Not that it's a bad thing...I just like to think of different ways to do things.

40 miles on that thing is bragging rights. Nice.
40 miles all the time. It's a quick, comfy ride. 26 teeth up front and 9 in the back. It's one of the best riding bikes I've ever had. The tall frame fits me better (5'11") and the cockpit feels nice and roomy.

Brian,
I agree and broke some of that homemade stand holder doing some off-roading. I think I'll get this one a rack and mount the stand to that. It's a great commuter. The past couple of weeks I've been riding this one. It's good too, lighter feeling and even taller, but I really like the upright riding position on the '34. Also, there's original blue paint under the think black bomb job. I'm going to try the goof-off paint removal method a guy on the CABE demonstrated.
And, please get in touch if you make it out here. We've got lots of extra gear/bikes for camping. I'll get some photos up when we camp next time.

Latest posts

Back