Repair Stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run and get it before somebody beats you to it. Offer them $50 flat out the door. Nearly all antique malls have a 10% leeway. I've never seen one like that but looks like it will do the job nicely. I suspect the Spin Doctor sticker is from the music band.

I would be there in an instant, if it were in our area of the world.
Check it out, but It does not look like a cheap one.

And I already have a Park stand. :D

Spin Doctor is a brand of bicycle tools. I used to have a chain tool from them. If you search "spin doctor bicycle" you will find many of their products. Another of their stands which looks like a slightly cheaper model goes for $105-$120. I'd guess that the model you are looking at is a $150 stand based on some of the prices of their better stands like the G3.

Spin Doctor is Performance Bikes house brand of tools. Not as good as Park Tools, but decent stuff that gets the job done. I have one of their bike stands, their truing stand, and a handful of tools that don't get used as much, like a second pedal wrench. I bought their bottom bracket tool because it was half as much and I only use it once in a while. Same with my chain whip.

I'd be surprised if it is still there when you go to buy it. The Park do it yourself at home stands are close to $200 nowadays if you add in shipping. There are a bunch of homemade stand plans on the web but most use a PVC tee cut apart for the clamp and I am not real comfortable with that....

Every show I have been to I have tried to find or buy a workstand,.,so far no luck and the guys who have them at the shows are guarding them like gold.

Hey....is this the same Doug Timme I know from the 2A/3A pages?? :D :D

I got there as they opened up and it was still there. I offered 50 and they took it. It seems OK for the money, It will not really see heavy use here, but it is sturdy. The only thing wrong with it is it is missing the rubber pad from the bottom jaw, but I can come up with something for that. Oh and as I was loading it in my car, I saw a goodwill price tag for $10.00 Doh, should have offered them less :) And yes, this is the very Doug Timme from the CJ page, you must be F Bill. You sure get around :D

DJ Bill said:
I'd be surprised if it is still there when you go to buy it. The Park do it yourself at home stands are close to $200 nowadays if you add in shipping. There are a bunch of homemade stand plans on the web but most use a PVC tee cut apart for the clamp and I am not real comfortable with that....

Every show I have been to I have tried to find or buy a workstand,.,so far no luck and the guys who have them at the shows are guarding them like gold.

Hey....is this the same Doug Timme I know from the 2A/3A pages?? :D :D

Good deal, Doug.. I'll have to stop in to see the bikes some day. Yeah, you pegged me. DJ is my alternate handle but it of course refers to the premium 2WD flatfender line, as you well know, not anything to do with records or radio stations...lol.

Yeah, I hate seeing the old yard sale tags on stuff. I bought a small bike to get a 16 inch wheel off it yesterday at Goodwill, seat said $8 but the clerk said, oh, that's not our tag. See this red one here up front? It said $9.99..I told her all I wanted was the front wheel and she said, I'll sell it to ya for $5. Then I picked up a Hot Wheels carry case with no price, she said $2.00 ...I got out of there before she called the cops on me for stealing stuff! :p

We gotta have a bike show at the next Reunion..

DougTimme said:
The only thing wrong with it is it is missing the rubber pad from the bottom jaw, but I can come up with something for that.

Split an old BMX grip in half and you should have a good rubber pad for the jaw.

Latest posts

Back