Columbia Built Good Year Double Eagle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
got this from a Volkswagen show three weeks ago. as far as I can tell its og paint. the fork was bent pretty badly so I took it off and put this spaceliner fork in its place until I can heat up and bend the original. I also changed the tires, these did not come on it.

it also came with a chaingurd I didn't think was og but ive been looking at pics of double eagles and I see the one I have on some of them. it looks like a zephyr. I plan on reinstalling it after I clean it up.

this summer I picked up a Goodyear double eagle badged columbia also. It , however has a different frame. Cool bike

Awesome Josh!

You know I'm a Double Eagle guy...Here is the badge from my Double Eagle Clipper

null_zps9a0c0302.jpg

can anyone help me figure out how to remove the locking tumbler on this one? whats left of the key is broken off in the tumbler but its unlocked. does anyone know how to remove it? im not sure if its similar to a Schwinn . . . . ive removed one from a Schwinn before. I want to make sure before I tear into this one.

Nice bike. Since you have the lock out, you can take it to a lock shop and have a new key made or have it re keyed.

Latest posts

Back