Muscle Bike Birthday Present- Never seen one before

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yesterday was my birthday and I deemed this my present. I like it, and it rides good, but what is it? I know its an All-Pro, and it says Jet Star on the decal. It is a three speed, but my question is about what year is it? Does anyone remember them? Value?

Thanks

I would say Late 60s early 70s looks like a Raleigh Chopper

That was the only thing I could find about it.

Those fork/bars look like their from an Iverson Dragstripper. So it must be rebadged and slightly changed frame.

http://musclebikeforums.yuku.com/topic/ ... scle-Bikes

I hope you got that for a good price because it's in great shape. Although not well known, that's what's cool about it! I hope we can learn more!

Groooovy man. 8) Kmart brand from around 45 yrs ago. There were a number of similar bikes around then, but I don't remember that one specifically. Looks like Japanese/Taiwanese work to me. The funky tapered headtube/seatpost style look familiar, but I can't quite place it. Great banana bike boom survivor. 8) 8)

I knew I had never seen one before, and I had to have it. It has a bridgestone w.w. slick on the back, and in first gear, its a wheelie machine 8) Now I need to find a wheelie bar.

Looks like some others I've seen that came from Germany. K mart would sell bikes made by anyone.
Nice pick up saw that one for sale great birthday present.

German built, 60s-70s.. NOT same as a Wards Stratostreak. Bonanza in Germany. I have some photos someplace of one, will have to dig that up.
Great find, congrats ! and Happy Birthday!

tanksalot said:
I second that its German & is very cool.. :D

I third that. Here is a German muscle bike I sold to another member a few years ago and as you can see although the frame/fork is not the same many of the other parts are. Great find...wish I had kept mine :(

-Brian

That's killer. I love the purple. 8) thanks everyone!

I sold that purple bike a couple years ago. It showed up on ebay a while back. Not sure if it sold.

Cool Muscle Bike!

The chain ring resembles the one that used to be on a 1970-1972 Rapido-built Hawthorne I have sitting as a lawn ornament. The only thing salvageable is the 3-speed shifter console. It had a 3-pc crank as well.

Latest posts

Back