Might have just gotten the invitation of a lifetime

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A friend of mine stopped by the other day and invited me to go along with him on a "money making venture". There is a barn with a 3 generation collection of bikes. The owner wants his barn loft back. My friend's best estimate was 150-200 complete bikes and many projects with boxes of parts all covered in a layer of barn dust an inch thick but the barn is water tight so minimal rust. He also said there seems to be a lot of Schwinn bikes. My friend is taking me along to look everything over and give him an idea of what we are talking money wise and he's going to buy the lot and I'm going to help sell stuff (as well as spending my commission on a few bikes). Should be going next Wednesday so wish me luck!

And afterword keep an eye on the for sale section as you guys here get first dibs. :wink:

LukeTheJoker said:
Wow! That sounds almost too good to be true! Very cool!

Luke.

I'm excited too, not just for the bikes but what else could be in there. My friend also bought an old John Deere hit and miss motor from the same place so that kinda gives an idea of what gems might be hiding in there.

Good luck on the bike hunt, the local threshermens show usually has a few of those johnny poppers rigged up to make ice cream at the shows. Tons of cool sounds at the tractor shows :)

Why are you here posting this??
Your supposed to report back with images AFTER you've secured everything!

Dang I'm jealous, I never get these types of deals.

But alas posting about it usually jinxes it, 3 generations could be someone born in the 60's maybe but some bikes in the the 70's have kids in the 80's get some bike then, that kid has kids in the 2000's.

Good luck with the hunt hopefully you find a few rare bikes!

abe lugo said:
Why are you here posting this??
Your supposed to report back with images AFTER you've secured everything!

Dang I'm jealous, I never get these types of deals.

But alas posting about it usually jinxes it, 3 generations could be someone born in the 60's maybe but some bikes in the the 70's have kids in the 80's get some bike then, that kid has kids in the 2000's.

Good luck with the hunt hopefully you find a few rare bikes!

Well he said at least 3 generations old, If any date back to the time of the hit and miss motor we might have something. I just hope I'm not getting all worked up and we end up finding a barn full of 70's ladies Schwinn 10 speeds. He did say he saw some bikes with tanks so that gives me hope.

I'd like a colson looptail or any prewar shelby with a tank!
Johnny

I'll start taking dibs AFTER we get the haul and when I get pictures of everything posted. And remember I have first dibs on stuff. :mrgreen:

I have a truck and some bonus days at work, ya'll need some help? HaHa!

Thanks for the offers but I think we'll be okay. He's got a big truck and trailer and I can stack bikes like no other. :mrgreen:

Sounds to good to be true, hope thr is a few gems amgonst the lot... :D
Sounds like it could keep the rats going for awhile...

This is going to be fun to watch (and "dibs" on). :D
Have fun!

Latest posts

Back