Grand Dad's Basement ll - Bike 3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With a little PM'd advice from Nickinator I pursued the sale which was almost cancelled and picked up this 3rd bike from Grand Dad's Basement.
It's 3:30 in the afternoon, I'm going for breakfast now. It's been a great long day. Sorry my pics are as blurry as my vision.
Model M 11, Hygienic Cushion Fork France Pat 1895

I did some research on it and it looks like its a 1908 ccm motorized bicycle. awesome bike! Please contact me if you ever decide to sell it. I would love to care for it.

That is Awesome, Thanks again Nick.
I'm not seeing anything obvious in those great link pics that I might have missed, but there was literaly a ton of metal in the dimly lit scrap pile in the basement and we were kind of racing the clock. I grabbed a little bucket of maybe pieces, but none have panned out. A re visit may be possible.
I was pretty sure that the wooden rims belonged on this bike, so that's a big plus. Rear rim wood has some splitting.
The replacement wheels are also CCM/Tires Dunlop, both of which were manufactured here in Toronto, so I'm cool with that for now.
There are no immediate plans for the bike and collection re-alignment is now necessary.
It would be nice to keep them all, but space is tight.

Oh my! That bike is even more amazing in the light of day! What an incredible score...I can't even imagine what that bike is worth. Bluebird money?

not as much as a bluebird, you have to remember its missing a TON

still a awesome find.

Danimal said:
Oh my! That bike is even more amazing in the light of day! What an incredible score...I can't even imagine what that bike is worth. Bluebird money?

That one should be put on ebay, Someone will pay "ridiculous" money, missing parts or not.

you found some real treasures , that ccm is very rare as well as the Harley block , not sure if you want to restore them , but e bay would pay a heavy fee for both items

It sounds to me like that's where they'll be heading once I find a little more info.
The RRB members have been a great help in the information department and a big Thanks goes out to you all for your input.
I'm not equipped to do lengthy, detailed restorations and it's sounding like the CCM should be done right by the folks who can.

It sure would make a killer Rat though! :wink:

Oh, I did, trust me.
It may be worth a revisit now that I'm a little more familiar with the model.
None of the obvious parts were in , under, over or on top of any surface I could see in the workshop or rest of house.
I have forwarded the museum pics to the sellers in case they may spot anything that may even be close.
They are super motivated to begin their renos and scheduling may be an issue.

A nice young lady that I work with happened to stop by the post office to pick up some Superman collectible stamps and also grabbed a few of their motorcycle stamps with me in mind. She made this thoughtful gesture before I even had this bike identified.
What are the odds?

Very cool bike. Almost like Deja vu on the stamps. You better tell her thanks and that you are looking for a Bluebird. :mrgreen:

Sweet find this stuff is awesome :shock:

Latest posts

Back