New Build...Colson Army Bike...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where I am going on this one, but in true Rat-Rod fashion, I'm gonna throw a ton of rusty parts at it and see where she goes...the frame was a $30 deal that came with the "Crusty Racer" (any ID Help?)...

Re: New Build...

Your frame looks like my 1936 frame made by Cleveland Welding Co. It probably has a serial number on the bottom of the BB.
Kenny
img_3241.jpg

img_3242.jpg

Re: New Build...

THANKS "ken"!...Cool Bike!...I had a Colson that sorta looked the same too...I know it's been done plenty, but I really want to do (and have always wanted to) a US ARMY Moto-Bike theme..."throwback" from this years build-off is the inspiration...we'll see...

Re: New Build...Do-Over

okeeedokee...I've decided to do the Army Motobike thing...my way (low budget as usual)...here's the inspiration (not going exact)...still stuck in the "Rusty Survivor" mode..."Hey, if it aint Rusty it aint a Rat-Rod"...

Re: New Build...Do-Over

I've always wanted to have a set of those Long/Straight Handlebars with the Crossbar...maybe someday I'll find some but for now I'm going to make my own, without the crossbar...not as Long as I'd like, but I want to be able to hide the "seam" just under the grip...

Re: New Build...Army Bike...

Not sure if that JB weld is going to do the job, maybe it'll hold at first, but after a while is gonna dry and brake.
The best thing would be welding it, the other thing that occurs to me is using screws in each tip and into the wood, so when you put your weight on those bars they hold, but try to find some that welds them for you. :wink:
Can't wait to see more of this build

psyched on my New Bars...Sanded and Painted...I hope they do hold, the Dowells run all the way from the front of the bars to the opening in the end...tight fit, had to hammer them in...they have JB Weld slathered throughout as well as the seam, if the seam cracks, it will be hidden by the grip that covers it about 1/4" past the seam...hopefully the wood dowell wont break, I do ride all my builds but I'm not too hard on them...for the most part they are "wall hangers"...

Looking great!!! Nice color, and hey if those bars ever crack remember to keep smiling
img-thing

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha..that's some Funny Stuff right there!...worked on mounting the headlight tonight...the cream Duro Bricks are soaking in a bath of Vinegar, Tea Bags and Rusty Steel Wool...also hit-up the Army Surplus today for some bags and straps...Rattle Cans the rest of the week...

more progress on the Army Bike...swapped out the Fenders for another pair that I liked better...

Looks sweet man, gonna run a chain guard on it?

I dunno Carbon...but that inset in the fender needs a Chain Guard...I only have one and it sorta looks like a wing...very cool indeed but is it of a Military Style?...

Latest posts

Back