The Start Of My New Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off to the powder coater's on Monday. Got most of the parts but will take my time on this one. The last one was a disaster

I dig it, and it would look super cool if you could just polish it and clear it.

I thought about just having a clear coat over the metal but then decided against it.
The frame is going to be white, black wheels and tyre's, tripple tree forks with the legs powder coated black, black Project 346 crank set and chain ring, black ace of spades peddles, red chain.
Not thought about a seat yet

Valleymanuk said:
I thought about just having a clear coat over the metal but then decided against it.
The frame is going to be white, black wheels and tyre's, tripple tree forks with the legs powder coated black, black Project 346 crank set and chain ring, black ace of spades peddles, red chain.
Not thought about a seat yet
I'm building a Ruff right now, pretty much the same setup as yours, pearl white, black 100mm wheels, triple tree, etc.. What size rims and what tires are those?
Have fun!

These are only 65s with 3" tires. I wanted 100s but the guy who makes the frames only advised to go to 80mm but I'd already bought the wheels for another bike i was doing. I think they look pretty good tho and at least i know I'll have no issues with chain rubbing. To put 100s on my frame I would have to modify it a bit and i don't want to get into that again

Nice looking beginning! I've always been a big fan of Kamilos' work(btw deven that is a Kamilos built frame that is made for Kahaki, so he isn't "borrowing" anything. He's been making the baron frames in various styles since 2008 or maybe before :wink: ) Picture of his first style from '08:
p1040363.jpg

Valleymanuk keep us posted on the progress and we like build pictures as well as finished ones. Thanks for sharing!

it's official...I want one of these frames now. Any luck with a stateside distributor?

I was going to buy my one direct for 260 euro's but ended up getting it from my UK distributor for £219. The frame is now being powder coated along with the front fork tubes.
I should have them back by the end of the week then I'll put what bits i have on and post some pics, it wont be totally finished but you'll get the idea

Just waiting for the seat, grips and handlebars to arrive from Amsterdam and I'll have the pics up. I've got a set of dragbars on it just to see what it looked like but don't want to put pics up unfinished.
Should be all done by the end of the month

The Red bike is owned by the designer. This is mine so far, please excuse the bad pics, they are from my phones camera, when it's finished I'll use a big boys camera lol :D

Latest posts

Back