How long can you get away with having a bike in the house?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LukeTheJoker said:
I feel sorry for you guys that cant bring them inside, my wife has decided that we need to turn the living room/lounge area into my bike and slot car room. With the big bikes I am building it will be far better for access directly in the front door rather than weaving through the house. The lounge/living will now be being moved into the spare bedroom! :shock:

Pretty sure I married the right girl! :wink:

Luke.
at present our living room is the weight set, tredmill and exercise bicycle with several bikes. and of course my wife let me use her bathroom as apaint booth for the 53 wasp and has said she will let me use it for rrbo8 also! my wife is so cool!

Back in the good old days, used to keep to my harleys in the livingroom. 3 to 4 of them at any time. Worked on them in there, rode them in and out the front door. A woman came into my life and eventually moved in. Less than 30 days later my bikes went to the garage. Like I said the good old days.

LukeTheJoker said:
I feel sorry for you guys that cant bring them inside, my wife has decided that we need to turn the living room/lounge area into my bike and slot car room. With the big bikes I am building it will be far better for access directly in the front door rather than weaving through the house. The lounge/living will now be being moved into the spare bedroom! :shock:

Pretty sure I married the right girl! :wink:

Luke.
you most certainly did!

Troy

I've had my Dyna/GT Mooneyes Cruiser in the house for a very long time. Not sure how long I'll be able to keep both of my Mooneyes bikes in the house together.

How many of you are planning on keeping your RRB BO#8 bike in the house?

so my wife has totally converted and now keeps one in the house herself!!!!!!!!!!

Troy

Been a while since I tried bringing a bike in the house.
So to answer the threads question....0 days....however if one arrives by courier without her knowledge (she never knows when one is in transit) she makes sure it is in the living room and when I walk in when she gives me that " what have you bought now" look.
I can't hide the deliveries anymore but when a new a quisition is transported by me and she is home I try to get it to the shop I built last fall.

amyre7ad.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

6 months, about 8 of them in the living room, but my lease is up on that room soon, cause gotta clean up and organize the garage!
We moved in to a new place about that long ago.

Moved this one into my home office when I finished it last year - and it's here to stay! ('cause the other 9 are in my garage!)
Besides, my wife loves it.

Last week I had to yell at everybody in the family because "ALL OUR BIKES ARE IN THE HOUSE?" Yes you read that right, all 9 bikes we own were inside and my garage was empty.....
Guess I found the right family or just taught them well!

I have the ruff cycle I'm building in the living room, and the felt stuffed in my sons closet. We have a storage unit in the basement where everyone else keeps their bikes, but I don't trust them or the space. Well actually I have my 5 year olds bike, big wheel and the 50's amf jr roadmaster I just bought him in there (actually I traded for it). No way all that could be in my apt. Once the ruff is done, I will move that into the closet, and the roadmaster comes up where I will teach my son and have him help me rip it apart as the roadmaster will be his. I'll let him pick the color, turn wrenches, etc. It will be his first tear down and rebuild, hope he likes it, I know I will.

If the old lady doesn't let bikes in the house just start off with a Schwinn XR7 or Exerciser, Use it a little bit on rainy days but only if she's watching. Also it'd be great fun to see the look on her face when she comes in and is about to yell at you for a "Bike" being in the house but then she sees the rest of it. (get pics and share here if you can) :mrgreen:
il_fullxfull.365024977_ffnw.jpg

After a few weeks then you can make an excuse to work on it, (say something like it's feeling tight like a bearing isn't right or the brake is dragging). Then bring in some normal bike parts to "see if they fit" Pretty soon when you have enough parts inside to just bring in a GIRL'S frame and say I had all these parts laying around so I thought I'd just put them on this frame and make a bike for you. (She can't get mad if it's a bike for HER) After that she'll be putty in your hands. :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
If the old lady doesn't let bikes in the house just start off with a Schwinn XR7 or Exerciser, Use it a little bit on rainy days but only if she's watching. Also it'd be great fun to see the look on her face when she comes in and is about to yell at you for a "Bike" being in the house but then she sees the rest of it. (get pics and share here if you can) :mrgreen:
il_fullxfull.365024977_ffnw.jpg

After a few weeks then you can make an excuse to work on it, (say something like it's feeling tight like a bearing isn't right or the brake is dragging). Then bring in some normal bike parts to "see if they fit" Pretty soon when you have enough parts inside to just bring in a GIRL'S frame and say I had all these parts laying around so I thought I'd just put them on this frame and make a bike for you. (She can't get mad if it's a bike for HER) After that she'll be putty in your hands. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8)

Usually for as long as I want, when the wife starts paying the bills, she might be able to say something about it.

Latest posts

Back