*Silent Assassin* - Rear Fender Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new job and the continued progress of your build.
That front end is insane! Love the fender!!!!!!!
9271177550_a24b70f7a2_z.jpg

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that is lookin pret-ty hot.
Dr. Tankenstein said:
oooohhhhh yyyyeeeeaaahhh!

Build on brother!

Cheers,
Dr. T
kingfish254 said:
Congrats on the new job and the continued progress of your build.
That front end is insane! Love the fender!!!!!!!
9271177550_a24b70f7a2_z.jpg
Thank you fellas! Little did I think it would be possible to build a bike mostly from random parts I've had laying around in the shed. For a bike on a budget, the results have actually turned out better than I thought. I've also been keeping a very, very close eye on the builds (Dr. T, I'm still waiting to see the finished product with "Phantom of the OCC - now the Schwinn Black Phantasm" :wink:) from all of you guys as well. I can definitely tell by the high level of creativity that you guys are having just as much if not more fun with the process than I am!

Great progress so far! Check out my build sometime and let me know what you think. You got to take a little time and see the other builds! There's some crazy stuff going on!

outskirtscustoms said:
Great progress so far! Check out my build sometime and let me know what you think. You got to take a little time and see the other builds! There's some crazy stuff going on!
Trust me, I've been checking out plenty of other builds to know that there's some serious talent and skill in this year's build off. In fact, several builds are what inspired me to join in on the fun! Thanks for the compliment by the way!

The Renaissance Man said:
This thing looks cool!
Are the crank arms going to clear the ground?
Good question. I'm looking at running smaller crank arms in hopes of resolving the ground clearance issue. We shall see 8) !

laidbackcool said:
thebigorangecat said:
How in the world does that front end work? Put up a close up shot!
I will work on making a close-up shot happen for you tomorrow!
Okay, maybe a day or two late, but I finally got around to getting those close-up shots you requested:

Hope this helps :) !!!!

I was faced with several issues regarding the hubcaps, especially for the rear coaster. My goal was to have a center hole big enough to slide over the dust cap thus the lock ring and rear sprocket. However, the design and size of the hubcaps wouldn't allow me to do just that. So, I resorted to using snips to significantly trim them down to size then I flipped them inside out to still get the look I wanted. Here's a quick mock-up of one of the hubcaps on the rear wheel:

I really like the size of the hubcap in proportion to the size of the wheel. It also gives a unique touch to the wheel without dominating the visual fatness of the wheel. Mounting them to the wheel is very much still a work in progress. I'm not quite sold on leaving the hubcaps as is, and I'm leaning toward painting them black chrome instead. Feel free to let me know what you think!

I mised the past couple of updates.
Diggin the caps and the springer/trusses front and back.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
Get to building that drivetrain buddy! I want to see this at the finish line!

kingfish254 said:
I mised the past couple of updates.
Diggin the caps and the springer/trusses front and back.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
Get to building that drivetrain buddy! I want to see this at the finish line!
Well Kingfish, I'm almost certain that Silent Assassin will not meet the deadline. The time needed to work on this build has been very slim to none since I've taken on the new position at my job alongside other obligations. However, you may have given me the shot in the arm needed to make one final push! I will know for sure what the status will be by the middle of next week. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Dude, you're making me sweat bullets here. I sure hope you finish in time. GTB!!!

EDIT: Sorry, I missed your post on the previous page about probably not being able to complete by Sunday. Work and life certainly caome first. Good luck in both my friend!

Latest posts

Back