1970 Schwinn Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got It painted!
007-4.jpg

Did a candy clear on top of the color and a straight clear over that. Ill bring it home today.

Stingrat said:
Got It painted!
007-4.jpg

Did a candy clear on top of the color and a straight clear over that. Ill bring it home today.
get some pics in light, bet it will look great in the sun..

Yeah it looks killer, been raining here past few days. Paint turned out so good that Im not putting the old hardware back on. All my chrome is wore out.

Ok its been a while, heres an update on the 70 stingray Deluxe!

Start off. i repainted the head badge.

Installed.

Then put the crank set in, and chain gaurd.

Got the back tire in and put on the rim.

And this is how she sits now.
Just gotta get the seat, sissy bar, and fenders now.

Well heres some update on the 70 deluxe.

Got the replacement seat from Bicycle heaven, pretty nice considering, I will be riding this so I wont be putting wear and tear on an original.

My friend Sprocket rocket Give me a chain and let me use a Sissy bar to get it rolling till i get the new bar. Got the fenders from Raleigh Ron, realy nice I think, front fender fit very well, rear fender fit good just got to modify the fender strut to mount the way i want, and get it off the axle.

Now just need some pedals and decals to finish it off, plus work out whatever bugs it has.

Just noticed you started this thread July 27 last year. You're comin up on the anniversary ....finish that bike!

SprocketRocket said:
Just noticed you started this thread July 27 last year. Your comin up on the anniversary ....finish that bike!

Be nice to take it for a cruise.

Latest posts

Back