Panama Jack wheel mod?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody familiar with the 26" wide wheels that are on the new huffy Panama Jack bikes? I have a set I got cheap but the rear hub was taken apart. I either need a new single speed hub (I don't know what kind)or,what I would rather do,is install a 3 speed hub and add a shifter. Can this be done??? I think these wheels have fatter spokes,and my local bike shops tech is bad so I don't deal with them anymore.Huffy wont sell just a hub. Have to buy the whole wheel.Need advice,puhlease

You can drill a single speed hub of same diameter for the larger spokes. Chances are the 3 speed hub will have a larger flange and you will have to order correct length spokes too.

I have a set of those wheels from Huffy Del Lusso on one of my bikes. The spokes are 12g plated steel. The hubs are pretty cheap but since the bike I got them from was new, I haven't had any problem with them. You can replace the hub but like he said, you'll probably have to drill out the hub if it wasn't made for 12g spokes. Normal spokes are only 14g.

af_056.jpg

Latest posts

Back