Cool Peaked Fender, Handlebars, Springer Fork Tubes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I stopped by a little honey hole today and found a few things of interest. I found some springer fork tubes for a 26 inch fork. Not sure what they are from. Maybe someone can tell from the side stripes. Some vintage handlebars. 26 wide x 3 inch rise, There is a W stamped I them. Then a cool peaked fender with reflector & drop stand holder. There are some cool vintage decals on the fender. The fender has some cuts in it but the pieces are all there. It could be brazed together I guess.
Here are the pics.

The fenders are Westfield built and stickered,the tailight is a giveaway also, they built bikes most commonly badged as Columbia , but could be badged as almost antything else........hope this helps

Fender is Pope-Westfield...the springer legs appear to be Schwinn(?)...handlebars would be Wald...hope this is helpful...Pappy 8)

Springer legs definitely Schwinn. You'd need to measure them to find out exactly what they are for, but they are most likely post war, pre '55 old style legs. They look bent up towards the bottom which it probably why they were replaced. Or, the threads could be stripped. Fixable I'd think. Gary

Thanks for all the info guys. Gary the fork is bent like you said. I guess that is why I didn't find the other parts laying around these...lol Sending the fender and fork tubes to the for sale section. Thanks Again.....Jaxon

Latest posts

Back