Lady Jivaro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I'm mounting the front fender. I have to make a mount to bolt on the fork. I took a pic with the good camera before the sun took over my good picture spot so you can see how she sits. My wife wants to ride it now. She's gonna have to wait. :)

Is that a pair of Strumey-Archer drum brake hubs? What inspired the very cool frame design? Fabrication is pure voo-doo man. Can't wait to see next chapter.

She's probably going to sneak it out for a ride!
Looks sweet man!

Thanks everyone for the complements! I really appreciate it!

fsjaak said:
Is that a pair of Strumey-Archer drum brake hubs? What inspired the very cool frame design? Fabrication is pure voo-doo man. Can't wait to see next chapter.
fsjaak, Yes it is Sturmey Archer Drum setup front and rear. As far as inspiration, I wanted to do design a ladies bike that had that custom chopper cruiser look that us guys get to ride around. The design is similar to my Headhunter bike I designed. Just not so aggressive. My wife has been buggin me to build her a custom for a long time now. She's pretty excited about it.

Got the front fender squared away today. Not much left to do on it. I got to run the cables, make tabs for the drum brakes, and come up with a kickstand.

Awesome.
IMG_8877_zps3b700681.jpg

IMG_20130531_221036_978_zps511b764c.jpg

Got to steal this idea, of extra bends on the end of the stays, on my frame builds.
It is so clean and adds a bunch to the frame. Super work.:mrgreen:

Man I wish I was retired like Uncle Stretch! I'd be done already. Anyways, I fab up the kickstand. It turned out ok. It will be somewhat hidden under the cranks. I like it there. I got a pretty neat guardian bell to put somewhere. I think I'll put it on the seat tube near the bottom. I'm going to dill some holes and run the cables inside the frame. I'm also going to add another rib to the rack. Should be done today and off to the painter.

Kick stand bracket.

The guardian bell.

The tab for the guardian bell.

This is the jig that I use to get things lined up. It works great!

Uncle Stretch said:
Really nice jig. Wish my shop was big enough to have something like that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm hoping when we buy a home at the end of the year it will have a pretty cool shop with it. Will see!

Well, I'm all done with the frame and all the custom parts. Off to the painter.

Good to see you back at it with this sweet bike.
Love the rear rack.

Latest posts

Back