Restoration Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have two bikes that I unfortunately have to sell...times being what they are and all :? Both bikes, even though they've hardly been ridden, have chrome rust and need a good scrub. I have read various topics about restoration and rust removal and I don't know that I have the time to invest. My question is to those who have sold before and was looking for advice on selling bikes that are in need of that kind of restoration. Specifically, is it done? I know sometimes the bikes are sold for the parts, etc. I've not sold these kinds of bikes before and would clearly market them as such, ie in need of restoration, etc. with supporting pics. I've seen the before and after pics of successful rust removal jobs, but again, I don't think I have that kind of time. I'm attaching pics to show rust issues. Thanks everyone for any advice!

Get some 0000 brass wool and some turtle wax chrome cleaner, this combo should clean up the chrome, for the paint if you get 3m hand glaze, it should clean it up and them go over it with a good wax.

You will have NO trouble getting rid of either of those two bikes...Even the way they are.

I'm in Florida...unfortunately. That was my other issue. While I of course would want to price them fairly and get a fair price, I would also like to sell them to people who would appreciate them. The custom shop where I purchased them in 2002 has long been out of commission. Craigs List freaks me out and while I sell a fair amount of stuff on Ebay since I'm basically liquidating my life, it's stuff I can throw into my junker car and drive on over to the post office to ship.

Latest posts

Back