Tempe, AZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm Justin. I just recently started my first rat rod project. Picked up a 26" cruiser stingray style project bike for $60. Ive had a interest in vintage cruisers ever since I was a kid when my dad had a 1950s columbia cruiser that had the key lock and horn tank. I was talking to him recently and he said the bike used to be super heavy. Back in the 90's he picked up a his and hers vintage 40's style schwinn cruisers that were re-makes. These bikes put an appreciation in my bones for vintage bikes. He found me an old Schwinn stingray style bike but it wasnt the crate series so I turned it into a lowrider bike. I wish I never messed with it or got rid of it. Wish I had pics to post.

So here I am now at 35, working on a rat rod project. My goal is to have a nice clean classy yet tough looking custom rat and hopefully link up with other rat owners in the Arizona.

Thanks for reading my story.

RatTrap602 said:
deven_science said:

Thanks. Sor far this seems like a cool forum community with a lot of positivity and support.

This is a great site. One of my must-check-every-day forums. The only thing is, you have to be careful. As you get caught up in the bicyclemania that's on this site, you can easily end up with a garage stuffed to the rafters with 20 or 30 bikes, wondering how it happened.

I know from experience. True story. ;) I think I had two bikes when I first found this site. Now... see above statement.

Luckily I live in an apartment. Ide like to do a trike and a female bike and leave it at that. I know what you mean though. I just picked up some fenders from some guy with that same problem. LOL

Latest posts

Back