Let's see your Western Flyer's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can add my 63 Galaxy to this thread now...a BMX style cruiser klunk.

wfspocketside2_zps65f710fd.jpg

wfkickstandside_zps56548140.jpg

very nice Lewie.
Kenny

Here are a few pics of my Flyers. The currently Orange on was my first Western Flyer. It's my build it, sell it, get it back build it again bike that is once again a work in progress,
The X53 was my second Western Flyer, that I got as a rough rider, turned baremetal Rat and then resto rod. It's an older pic, but decals and a set of jewelled pedals from BriInRi have been added since.
The third flyer has become as done as it's gonna get for now. It's a great rider with a newly rebuilt coaster.It too has seen various renditions, but this pic is current as of today.

URL=http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/latefordinner/media/OldFlyerandSpaceliner001_zpsd09a264a.jpg.html]
OldFlyerandSpaceliner001_zpsd09a264a.jpg
[/URL]

That old orange frame built again......9/14

....and AGAIN.....:confused::rolleyes::crazy2:
....and one last time!

Last edited:
Picked this Western Flyer up the other day and put some new tubes in and a few small adjustments and been riding it a good bit since. Gf's birthday is the 5th so gave it to her earlier this evening as a early present, she loves it and wants to fully restore it.

hu5e5azy.jpg

Removed the basket to try and straighten it out alittle...

adupyner.jpg

eqebupu5.jpg

y5e6avab.jpg

esymetuv.jpg

Thinking its a 50's model but maybe someone can tell me for sure...

35x10
MOU

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Restored kids Flyer, age unknown

Repost from the intro thread. Hi everybody. Im new to bike building and really only do it once a year. Started last year restoring a Western Flyer I found on CList. I do a lot of volunteer work with a non profit and decided last year I would restore this cool old bike I found and sell it in our auction. This year Im doing the same thing, except Ive cut the rear end off a 96 GT Interceptor and fabbed up a swing arm to make it a trike. So technically, Ive restored one bike and chopped another. Not much experience with bikes, but I do metal fab for my work and have built countless odd things from metal. I build parade floats as a profession. My company makes all the floats you see in the Indy 500 parade (if you've seen it on TV). So that's my intro and here are the pics of the bike I restored and the one Im currently building.

Here's a little teaser.. go to the bottom link to see the whole album.

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/bssmag ... rary/Bikes[/quote]

Latest posts

Back