greetings from west michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i suppose its about time i officialy join the madness here. been referencing this site for some time, so first and foremost i want to thank you all for spawning another hobby (/sarcasm) :? :D

anywho, coming at you from the west side (the best side) of Michigan, south of Grand Rapids 15 minutes or so near Caledonia. always been into mountain biking, along with a plethora of expensive hobbies (ATV Motocross, waterfowl hunting, guitar, craft beer, photography). got my start in this hobby when i found and old (what i believe to be) 60's huffy in the shed of a house my wife and i were renting a few years back. there was also a banana seat bike of some sort next to it, so being bored on a summer weekend afternoon i hijacked the bars off the little bike and used some leftover flat black spray paint i had in the garage to make a fun cruiser for less than $4 invested. it sat for a few years and for whatever reason sparked my interest this summer so i took it a little further and redid the paint, painted the wheels, and gave her some fresh shoes. its your run-of-the-mill flat black/red/white rat rod-theme beach cruiser. no good pics thus far, but here's what i have of it:

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

i have my eye on my next project... it's an auction, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. i have enough ideas in my head to do at least 3 bikes right now, haha. :lol:

Welcome B.... im originaly from Michigan my self from the Yak (Pontiac) to be exact.. i like the bike looks like a soov rider you have there..

Welcome! Greetings from Ann Arbor. You've got a couple of collectors out on the west side of the state so be quick if you spot a good vintage deal on craigslist!

Welcome to the site, it is the best, I am from the Lowell area, so not to far from ya. Alot of good ideas and people here.

HuffDaddy said:
Welcome. How much snow do you have?

more than i have a use for. lol, nah, i'd guess 12-14 at the moment. sounds like we have a random inch here and there possible the next couple days.

thanks for the welcomes everyone.

A lot of locals popping up here! My wife and I live right by the airport. She works in Caledonia and I work in Middleville. When the weather is nice I take my bike to work (it has a motor on it) and the ride is great.

Harold_B said:
A lot of locals popping up here! My wife and I live right by the airport. She works in Caledonia and I work in Middleville. When the weather is nice I take my bike to work (it has a motor on it) and the ride is great.

right on, i'm on the south side of "metro" dutton. :)

Latest posts

Back