~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ The Finale. p13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Home Stretch. pg.12

I love the tank wideners!

You should've put your own little note around the pigeon's other ankle! "Next time send chicken... fried."

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Home Stretch. pg.12

yoothgeye said:
You should've put your own little note around the pigeon's other ankle! "Next time send chicken... fried."
:lol:
really nice build you have going! and striping with those brushes is next to impossible so do yourself a favor spend the $10 get a mack striping sword and go at it(i mean the ones youve done with a model brush are really good especially for using those!)
great job :mrgreen:

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Sneek peek. pg.12

yoothgeye said:
I love the tank wideners!

Or...coulda had fried pigeon...hmmmm :eek: That little dude was a plump lil flying appetizer...

sensor said:
yoothgeye said:
really nice build you have going! and striping with those brushes is next to impossible so do yourself a favor spend the $10 get a mack striping sword and go at it(i mean the ones youve done with a model brush are really good especially for using those!)
great job :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll be able to get another old bike and if I do, I'll probably invest in a couple of proper tools like brushes/enamel.

**Sneak peak at the assembled/nearly completed bike. *Note the creased seat post that I haven't remade yet and the brazen admission to being made of "Genuine Stolen Parts" on the seat tube bar. (Courtesy Smoopy's)
IMAG0119.jpg

Awesome build.The tanks looks great.Routers rule!.

JJBones said:
Awesome build.The tanks looks great.Routers rule!.

You know what they say about duct tape and routers!... wait, don't think they say anything about routers come to think of it. Thanks man! :mrgreen:

For that bit more sinister look, I made a fonky visor for the fog lamp. Didn't like it at first but It's grown on me. Being I didn't have any old sheet metal hanging around that was thin enough to shape, cut easily and fit into the under rim of the lamp housing, I was forced to go to the 99cent store and pick up a very thin SS bowl. And believe me, it bugs me that this small part of the bike was something that was made in China... :cry:

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

Since the finish line is next week, this might be it. Still wanted to experiment with making a better seat post and more striping. Putting a speaker in the tank, etc., but I've shirked some responsibilities a little to make the deadline and gotta get back on track. BUT IT'S ALLL GOOOOD!
:mrgreen:

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Finishing touches..maybe. 13

Can't wait to see the shroud installed.
Love the use of odd things on builds to accomplish a creative idea.

kingfish254 said:
Can't wait to see the shroud installed.
Love the use of odd things on builds to accomplish a creative idea.

I'm expecting finished pics between tomorrow - Wednesday! :shock:

Hey dude, all of your photobucket pics stopped working?

Oh cr@p, I've been uploading new photos and It looks like I messed something up when I created a new album!!! I hope i can re-link!!!!!!!

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ Finished, pics forthcomin'

PHEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! I didn't think it would be a huge deal if my pics went missing from RRB's since there were a lot of witnesses to my build, but LUCKILY, all I had to do is fix my album name. Quick fix. I'm not used to fixing my technical issues so quickly :lol:

I've been taking pics all around since I realized I still have to Monday to submit the finished build (thought Friday was the deadline :roll: ). So I will have my "photo shoots" in by Sunday 8)

Re: ~~"Smokin In The Boyz Room"~~ The Finale.

Some last pics to show some details of the bike and the finished version. I've been taking the bike on some "photo shoots" and have been having fun with getting a little creative with those shots. I'll post those in the finished section. For now, here's the '52 Monark with the '53 plate :wink:
IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

That turned out sweet!!!
Love the headlight bonnet!!!! Great idea along with so many others.
Nice striping too.
BRAVO!!

kingfish254 said:
That turned out sweet!!!
Love the headlight bonnet!!!! Great idea along with so many others.
Nice striping too.
BRAVO!!
Gracias kingfish.

bike2112 said:
WELL DONE! The bike looks Awesome
Thanks for the thumbs up bike2112

someguy83 said:
I just bought one of those knock off dremel tools from Harbor Freight and returned it due to lack of power (kept stalling easily). How well did it work for you on that stainless? Wondering if maybe I just got a lemon?
They're not high rpm, they are underpowered so it took a while to cut. The advantage I had was that this metal was super thin. About the thickness of 4 or 5 sheets of paper, but rigid. I just took my time and it went ok.

Gold Street Customs said:
Nice and ratty, the way I like em 8)
Yes sir, given the name of the website, ratrodbikes.com = my goal was to make a rat rod, not a pretty bike. But I still appreciate the bikes that have been beautifully painted, customized or restored.

hey man, as promised, you got one of my three votes... your bike is phenomenal and i wish you the best in the build off. outstanding craftsmanship and quality with this build. congrats on owning a sweet bike! cant wait to follow your next build!

Easy E

Latest posts

Back