Surf Soul Cruiser**Gone to it's new home!!**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner of Surf Soul Tiki in Tampa is a bike nut and he was down at the house hanging out carving a killer new tiki for my collection. He said hey bro I want one of your stretches, so after a test ride on the green stretch we figured out seat to crank to bar measurements and the rest was up to me he said...So here we go again!!!
I went to pick up my little girl from her Aunt and saw two cruisers sitting against the fence in her neighbors yard...I asked about them and the guy told me to take em...I asked how much and he replied again take em... FREEEEBIES!!!
Matching his and hers Huffy's perfect to cut up 8) 8)
IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

I still got a long way to go. Thanks for looking and as always look forward to input!!

Re: Surf Soul Cruiser

dude, im slowly becoming more and more jealous of your stretches.... nice work man cant wait to see how this one turns out!!!

Easy E

Geez. That's sweet. You got me goin' now. What do you think of burritos? I bet you could come up with a sick one. Nice flow to the top tube.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Awesome stretch! 8)
Thanks Schwinnray!!
elvis51 said:
dude, im slowly becoming more and more jealous of your stretches.... nice work man cant wait to see how this one turns out!!!
Easy E
Thanks bro. I am super slow at work so I have had a lot of time to be in the garage working on these builds. I think it is going to be a real cool cruiser when I'm done!!
jackdaw said:
Geez. That's sweet. You got me goin' now. What do you think of burritos? I bet you could come up with a sick one. Nice flow to the top tube.
Thanks Jackdaw... Now you got me thinking maybe I'll try one of those next?? 8) 8)

I've been out of the loop too long and forgot how much I like to cut the bikes up and your bike has flicked a spark my way...... could you be more carefull bro? I still have a few of those bikes around in a pile somewhere...... I'll be watching your progress, it's looking good.

Surf Soul Cruiser

Graylock said:
I've been out of the loop too long and forgot how much I like to cut the bikes up and your bike has flicked a spark my way...... could you be more carefull bro? I still have a few of those bikes around in a pile somewhere...... I'll be watching your progress, it's looking good.
I've seen your builds glad your back... Thanks for the positive vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man i really wanna see one your stretches with a bent springer on it...

Easy E

HA! I knew you'd build a burrito! They are so cool. I'm holding off, prolonging the delicious agony until after I build my flip frame. (and until my welder gets here :( ) here's some cool ones http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a.

I can't wait to see yours.

Surf Soul Cruiser

jackdaw said:
HA! I knew you'd build a burrito! They are so cool. I'm holding off, prolonging the delicious agony until after I build my flip frame. (and until my welder gets here :( ) here's some cool ones http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a.

I can't wait to see yours.
it was the push from you that made me decide to do it!! I spent about an hour looking through that thread last night the went and started cutting up a Schwinn ladies cruiser frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. After seeing this i have 2 bikes that have been asking for just this project. Could you post a couple pic of the transition sections. I don't have anything cut yet but trying to lay it out. I saw from your pics one pic has the seat tube off the crank and the next its off a new tube. Im still a little new at bikes so sorry if my terminology is off. Any other pointers before i start cutting?

zombie7986 said:
Looks great. After seeing this i have 2 bikes that have been asking for just this project. Could you post a couple pic of the transition sections. I don't have anything cut yet but trying to lay it out. I saw from your pics one pic has the seat tube off the crank and the next its off a new tube. Im still a little new at bikes so sorry if my terminology is off. Any other pointers before i start cutting?
Thanks zombie...Sorry I don't have any pics of the transitions. All my joints are sleeved with a smaller pipe inside for strength, as far as the seat tube I didn't like the angle it was at on the crank so I cut the top tube of a junker chopper I got on trade and cut a hole in it dropped the pipe for the seat tube in and welded around the hole. The main thing I can tell you is have fun!!! If you don't like the way something is looking there is always the grinder!! 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back