Long time coming '40 CWC Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 1940 CWC (Larkspur Bomber style) Klunker. I've been gathering parts and working on this thing for close to 2 years I finally got it put together the way I want it and it's rolling. This sucker rides great!
29wjuop.jpg

290zw5d.jpg

v59ypx.jpg

9s9vnd.jpg

and a GR headbadge to represent the great city of Grand Rapids
25tgjt3.jpg

Parts breakdown:
1940 CWC frame sanded to bare metal to the original darts and clearcoated
Stock dogleg cranks with 44t Motomag chainring from Porkchop BMX
Primo Super Tenderizer pedals
KMC 3/16" Chain
1941 Morrow Coaster Hub repacked and polished
Sturmey Archer X-FD front drum hub
Sunrims RhynoLite rims
Kenda K-Rad 26x2.30 tires
80's Schwinn Cruiser fork from outskirtscustoms
Gnome Rhone headbadge painted with City of Grand Rapids flag colors
Profile XXL stem
Immortis Faust bars (raw) cut down to 29" (from 33")
Milwaukee Bicycle Co "MKE" grips -blood red
5/8" solid stainless steel rod seatpost
old Brooks B72

Last edited:
thanks jaysmo. it was fun gathering parts for this one. definitely worth the wait finally get to ride this one.

Thats a nice looking bike, love the vintage clunkers. I have a 63 American, thinking of turning it into a clunker.

Very nice! Did you sand to the darts/scallops or re-shoot those? Looks great against the raw.

socal_jack said:
Very nice! Did you sand to the darts/scallops or re-shoot those? Looks great against the raw.
Thanks! Yeah I sanded up to the darts and left the original white stripes and maroon paint. I love the bare metal look but I wanted to keep at least a little of the original paint.

Rat Rod said:
Turned out great...nice combo of parts! :D
Thanks Steve. I took some inspiration from your Battle Cruiser and your Elgin Klunker among some of the other kool klunkers the rat rodders have turned out.

Thanks. They also took a Raleigh Talus 29er I just got in March. I'd be ok with losing that one but losing the CWC sucks bad.

Latest posts

Back