Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 1959 Schwinn Traveler turned 1920's Truss framed racer. Paint and vintage accessories are next. Gary
DSCN1595.jpg

DSCN1593.jpg

DSCN1592.jpg

graffb said:
Hi,

I'm living in hungary and I like the old style bicycles. I've been thinking for a long time what I want.
I bought an old "CSEPEL TÚRA" hungarian bike. It was the basis for my new bicycle.

best regards
Bali

And we have a winner?

This is hard to tell apart from the genuine article.

May I ask which tyres you used?

I don't understand what do you mean your first question.

The brand of my the tyres is Continental 42-635.
Brooks Team Pro Saddle and slender grips (honey).
Front crancksets FCT62 AA - Drum Brakes and 3 speed hub: X-RD3 and X-FD

Baron von Zach said:
graffb said:
Hi,

And we have a winner?

This is hard to tell apart from the genuine article.

May I ask which tyres you used?

My 1972 BSA, with sensible mods, 'Pubman'. I have since added Schwalbe Cremes....WAY nice ride. It has a Sturmey Archer sgl.spd. coaster brake hub to keep it English and simple, though originally a typical 3 spd. 'Sports'. A long stem and VO Porteur bars, Fizik saddle, VO grips, an oil drip front hub (oil before each ride) and QD wingnuts, original 3 piece cottered crank and it is geared to my local and leisurely pace. The decals and headbadge are all in pretty nice condition. Someday I will put an original caliper front brake on too (only slightly better than saying whoa!).

S1051977.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!

Here is some pictures of my bike that just have been finished.

I started with an Crescent from the 80´s
IMG_1450.jpg

And here is the result
IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

I wanted a clean look without brake cables so i have a rear hub with coasterbrake and no front brake.
Best regards Kinne

Hi! Thank you for your comments

Sir!
The handlebar is from a old standard bike. I found it in my Fathers garage, and mounted it inverted.
The grips are NOS wood handles from the 50`s bought at a swapmeet. They were quite common on bikes here in Sweden.

Here are some more handles with this style on my other bikes.

Wood handle; older style of endcap
IMG_2232.jpg

Wood handle covered with plastic
IMG_2235.jpg

Wood handle covered with leather
IMG_2230.jpg

Wood handle painted, which is he handle i used at this bike
IMG_2236.jpg

hubgerfreak!
I appreciated that you noticed the garden... :wink:

Kinne, thanks for the handle info. You went above and beyond on that one!

Anyone seen these available in the States in recent history?

my raleigh not done yet but getting there I ordered some shallow drop bars,a brooks b17 and soon some shwalbes creme tires.
0615121410b.jpg

Beautiful bikes in this thread! I've been unknowingly looking for a Gov'nor style bike/frame for some time. Finding the Gov'nor then searchin for Gov'nor style bikes is what led me to this sight a while back. I'm hoping you all can help me find something without having to build up a vintage frame.

Baron von Zach said:
This is probably the closest to what I'm looking for. What I want is a lugged frame with 1" steerer, track-ends, room for at least 700x40 tires & maybe fenders. I want to run internal gears and front & rear brakes, either calipers or drum.

Outside of the Gov'nor, I only see this type of bike built with vintage frames, like in this thread. Is there anything on the current market that meets my needs? I'm in the U.S., so something that can be found here would be best.

Thanks!

BezO said:
Beautiful bikes in this thread! I've been unknowingly looking for a Gov'nor style bike/frame for some time. Finding the Gov'nor then searchin for Gov'nor style bikes is what led me to this sight a while back. I'm hoping you all can help me find something without having to build up a vintage frame.

Baron von Zach said:
This is probably the closest to what I'm looking for. What I want is a lugged frame with 1" steerer, track-ends, room for at least 700x40 tires & maybe fenders. I want to run internal gears and front & rear brakes, either calipers or drum.

Outside of the Gov'nor, I only see this type of bike built with vintage frames, like in this thread. Is there anything on the current market that meets my needs? I'm in the U.S., so something that can be found here would be best.

Thanks!
You can use any frame you want its just a style. Most people use vintage frames because of preference, but u can use a lugged fixie frame if you wanted. Just hit up craigslist thats what I did and for accesories and other components try soma fabrications they have some cool stuff for this style of bike, best of luck!

slowriderz said:
OH BOY!! I sure wish I would have missed this thread :D now I have to build one of these sweet machines. I am in love with every single bike that was pictured. great work guys!!

x2. My gears are turning.

3speedsmith said:
You can use any frame you want its just a style. Most people use vintage frames because of preference, but u can use a lugged fixie frame if you wanted. Just hit up craigslist thats what I did and for accesories and other components try soma fabrications they have some cool stuff for this style of bike, best of luck!
Room for wide tires is the issue with most track frames. I ride one now as a freewheel singlespeed & I can only squeeze 700x35c Schwalbe Kojaks on it that actually are only 32mm wide, at least on the wheels I have. A true 35mm might not fit. I want room for at least 40mm tires.

Latest posts

Back