█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/15 Truss Wings?

seen this hood ornament today and thought kingfish needs that
IMG_20120616_130857.jpg

Sweet!!!
I've got my angle grinder ready for it!!!! :p

Nice work!

ej599 said:
Nice work!

Thanks EJ, little by little.

motopsyco said:
Whoa dude, this is looking pretty awesome. I was not sure about the wings at first but it works really well.

Thanks Moto, had more fun with it tonight after I got my laced wheel back.
My masking tape mocks of the truss wings haven't convince me to do them yet. I will have to see when I get farther along with that part of the bike.

Here is the masking tape truss wing mock I did.

WP_001891.jpg

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/17 Nexus 7 Wheel

Picked up the Nexus 7 coaster brake hub that I had laced to the black Schwinn SS Sport rim.

WP_001901.jpg

Mounted the black resling Hanks on and put the cog and other parts on as well. First ime I had sone a snap ring in a while, so I used my phone to find a youtube and quickly popped it on. The Nexus instructions were goo, but they didn't have anything about the shifter cable. So I googled that as well. I love the shifting mechanics at the hub on these.

I also picked up this odd assortment at Wally World.

WP_001902.jpg

Lighter (later on that)
Pitcher (later on that)
Night Bobby lighted fishing bobber float.

I will probably use one or two of these as my tailights in some manner.

WP_001903.jpg

WP_001904.jpg

Those bobbers are cool :!:

I wonder if they would fit my Flightliner tail light :idea:

I bought one of those pitchers from Walmart just last week! I use mine for lemonade since I had to kick diet drinks. :cry:

Man it's good to see matching tires and rims on this bike !!!!!

I didn't even bother with the grip shift. After watching the youtube, I adjusted the cabling and rigged it up the the old 5 speed muscle bike shifter. I knew it was going to need more cable travel, so I broke off the rear shifter detent tab. The shifter changes the gears pretty smoothly.

Now the next decision is an extended shifter handle. I really want to mount this the to secnd set of top tubes, so I had to break off the plastic t-bar shifter knob. One of my ideas is to cut up a teardrop section from an old skipttoth chainring I have.

sprockets-Copy.jpg
[/quote]

Well I mocked up that idea with cardboard tonight. Here is a squence of shift postions from 1st to 7th. I still need to sit on the bike and see how comfortable I am with a sawblade between my legs!!! I may end up with something that looks like a drag shifter. I am really happy with how easily I got the stick shift working with the Nexus. Just tweaking as cosmetics for the shifter now.

1st.jpg

2nd3rd.jpg

4th.jpg

5th6th.jpg

7th.jpg

tin machine said:
bike really looks good a true ratrod , very cool bike :mrgreen:

Thanks Tin!
I am saving the polish part until after I get all of the mechanicals done. So it may lose some of it's rattiness. The rear suspension arms and the front forks are going to be painted anodized red. And there is a lot of cleanup on the chrome frame. Really haven't decided on the seat yet. Could still be a nanner (but probably only if I steal an idea from another BO7 bike).

Circa Cycles said:
Those bobbers are cool :!:

I wonder if they would fit my Flightliner tail light :idea:

Yep, they are pretty slick and only about $5. They also come in yellow and the classic round shape.

yoothgeye said:
I bought one of those pitchers from Walmart just last week! I use mine for lemonade since I had to kick diet drinks. :cry:

I won't use mine for lemonade, but I may use it for crystal LIGHT.

I am going to play around with that shifter more. right now it looks like it comes back to far to look right. I may mount the new shifter arm at 90 to the original stick. That way, in 1st it would probably be just below the font of the top tubes then as I shift to 7th, it would be about 90 with the top. There is about 90degrees worth of travel from 1 to 7.

Is the location of the shifter going be ok with legs/riding/shifting ? Have you thought about laid back seat post? That thing is lookin killer nice work King! 8) :) Tom

largek9 said:
Is the location of the shifter going be ok with legs/riding/shifting ? Have you thought about laid back seat post? That thing is lookin killer nice work King! 8) :) Tom

Thanks Tom!
My legs won't hit the shifter because the casing doesn't stick out much at all. The stick shift itself has to remain fairly flat to clear the upper top tubes.
I have thought about a laid back post, but I don't want to have the seat hide the rear springer.

After seeing GrenP1s New Departure coaster brake arm, it gave me an idea for my stick shifter extension.

A coaster brake arm should be just about the right size and shape I need. Now I just have to find one that looks cool.
I still may endul using the skiptooth, but just expanding my range of options.

Has anyone seen any other cool coaster brake arms?

Maybe something like this

$(KGrHqZHJBYE7))k50nbBPGc8brBb!~~60_57.JPG

Or a Perry which and a cool curve to it

$(KGrHqRHJEcE913!4EvIBPeHZ)dYlw~~60_57.JPG

Latest posts

Back