full wrap fender

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so im building a 20" lowrider bike and i want to put a full wrap fender on the back but idk how to combine the front and the back to make it wrap all the way around. any ideas? help ? thanks

YoungOne

Wow! That actually sounds pretty darn cool. I guess you could make the one get "under" the other.

You could also use three of them, weld them all together in such way so that each part has one of it's end overlapping the one next to it and the other end under the end of the other wrap fender. then cut the part where the wheel touches the ground.

For that extra awesomeness, you could have the one wrap fender attached to the main using hinge; like the one used on wardrobe doors. I'd personally dig that a lot!

I wanna see your bike by the way. Any pictures up here?

I guess I will just have to play around with it and I don't have any pics up on here just because it's my first build and idk how it's going to go. I might put some pics up.

i thorwing this idea around for my buildoff sting ray and i found that over laping them one after the other gives a nice look and works best.. i havent finished it but it looks like im getting mine done that way..but with no welding.. ill post a pic or 2 if i get right... would like to see your ideas on it too if possible

Yea I have no connections on using a welder do it will have to be done without. I don't know we I will get to work on this bit I think I'm going to try the overlapping technique as well. I will try to post pics whenever I start on it.

Iwas also wondering if there was a way to put like a 26in fender on their but I don't think there will be enough space back there to fit it . Just wondering . Any thoughts??

YoungOne said:
Iwas also wondering if there was a way to put like a 26in fender on their but I don't think there will be enough space back there to fit it . Just wondering . Any thoughts??

i tried a 26 fender but the gap was crazy ugly and it wont line up right at the top right behind the seat tube ( cant think of the lil bridge looking things name right now)... but a buddy of mine did ask me "cant you cut the 26inch fender in half and tuck it under or over lap them".. iv been thinking it might just work so i got a old rear fender im might try that with also.. if it works beats the heck out of useing 3 20 inch fenders...

this is what im looking to get done just with out the light..
blackbike004-3.jpg

SORRY FOR JACKING THE PIC..

I saw a great looking taildragger fender a while back! The kid who built it said he used 2 plastic replacement fenders cut and butted together . He used the cutoffs as a "scab" underneath. He said he epoxied them together ,then smoothed the join with Plasti-Pair. Just a thought!

hm these are all good ideas i just need to put them to use. hopefully i will get it done. i have a slick on the back and idk if i want to cover it up with the fender or lleave it open so you can see the slick.

Retrogee said:
I saw a great looking taildragger fender a while back! The kid who built it said he used 2 plastic replacement fenders cut and butted together . He used the cutoffs as a "scab" underneath. He said he epoxied them together ,then smoothed the join with Plasti-Pair. Just a thought!
this just mioght work...jb weld can sanded too...
THANKS FOR THE TIP...now of to the lab..

me i dont mind to cover up the tire i want to drag my mudflapp.. so i need it to tuck real low...

Latest posts

Back