Rattle Can

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a lowrider and I can't make up my mind on colors. I want to put a velour seat on it as well but I can't get a set until I know what colors I want to use. I was wondering if you guys had some good ideas for a paint scheme on a lowrider. I'm going to rattle can it so I need some spray paint colors . Any ideas??

Thanks
YoungOne

I used to build a ton of lowriders out of a shop in VA. I like contrast but that is up to you. For two-tone jobs I like dark blue/silver. For single colors I like deep reds or burgundy. Reds go great with gold parts and accessories too. My most recent lowrider was a 75 scrambler frame (November 74 serial number) in metallic gunmetal with 140 spoke fan pattern wheels and a 26" bent springer fork.
SANY0095.jpg

Yea I'm doin thin coats I have the frame and such primed but it's just ready for paint. I'm just stuck on picking a color. I'm thinking maybe two colors because I don't want the whole bike the same color.

YoungOne

Hey Ozz where did u purchase banana seats form because i need one but i want a velour one but i need a good source. Thanks

YoungOne

For velour check masterlowrider.com. He also sells on ebay as cruisinthelowlife. At masterlowrider he offers free shipping on orders over $140. His prices are as good if not better than some othersI've seen, and his shipping is closer to actual, and he'll work with you on shipping multiple items. I am not affiliated with either the ebay account or masterlowrider (I live in NC, he is somewhere in the midwest I think), but I have purchased from him multiple times at each site. Once he sent me the wrong items and replaced it with the correct items for free and let me keep the incorrect parts as well. I usually wait until I need $140 worth at masterlowrider to take advantage of the free shipping, and my orders have always arrived within a week. If not there, try bicycledesigner . They have a great selection but the shipping is high. Aztlan is ok for selection, but shipping is extremely high. We had an account with them years ago, and even with a wholesale liscense and dealers account, shipping was very high, and customer service was difficult. They can almost never be reached by phone and emails are hit and miss. Hope this helps. My seat was an actual stingray repro from the 1999 release, you won't find one like it now for less than $100, and that's in questionable shape. Your local bike shop might be able to get velours, and if they deal with the company regularly, they might get it with free shipping.

I didn't mean for that to post twice sorry but I will definitely check those sites out and I'm also located in the Midwest. Thanks for the info . I'm trying to keep the bike cost down as much as I can.
Thanks
YoungOne

Latest posts

Back