BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xcruiser said:
Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
I think there's either been 3 or 4 new builds today, but the updates are slowing down. I am well on my way to getting 9 votes

Yep, I was really excited about getting my paint done because I was looking forward to how it would look, but now I'm losing interest because for the near future most of the work will be trying to remove rust on the parts I have. I've been waiting for the night rust fairies to take care of that, but the fairy union came in and ruined it for everyone.

Anyway, I have a new voting plan. When all is said and done, I'm voting for the builds that I had the most fun watching. The finished product will be secondary--maybe even thirdendary. :mrgreen:
I feel your pain on the rust,I almost gave up and switched bikes but fought through it best I could.I figured I commited to the bike and would see it through even if lack of paint cost me some attaboys from viewers for lack of effort.Trust me -polishing that bare metal took more effort than any of my previous paint jobs lol.
The rust fairies went on strike at my house to,little people and their dumb signs picketing on my sidewalk.....ridiculous!
:lol: your doing it the hard way go the wood bleach rought or OX bath as its some times called.

just mix it in a tub with water. to soak the rust off

I started the tear down of Shakedown tonite and found my self spending more time "test" fitting and trying to imagine how it will look. Do you guys have the same problem? :mrgreen:
I guess that means I'm a little excited to get this thing rollling.

yoothgeye said:
Rat Rod said:
Only if it's not silly crap...LOL! :lol:

OK then, again, why August 6th?

Because I'm new and have virtually no idea what I'm doing so most of my time will be spent asking all of you grascious people silly questions. Also it will probably take me until the middle of July to get my seat post out :lol:

yoothgeye said:
Alright, this is what you've been waiting for, THIS is the RRB Build-Off Formula!

1- Old frame, brand doesn't matter as long as it is a tank frame and has "patina"
1- Tank or tank plate that you can fit onto the frame
1- Old different chainguard, can or can't be modified
1- fat fender set, both should be bobbed (send leftovers to Skipton)
1- set of fender skirts
1- oddball part for bike, motorcycle, or car
1- set of fat tires, probably 24"
1- old spring saddle, extra points for Brooks

Take all ingredients, put together, shake it up a little, and you've got a RRB Build-Off contender!

1. good here except for the tank
2. na ga da http://www.metacafe.com/watch/400999/da ... y_as_bush/
3. no chainguard
4. no fendders
5. no skirts
6. nothing here
7. 27s, no 24s
8. extra points for vintage leather that's not brooks?

looks like I'm out of the running

quoted:your doing it the hard way go the would bleach rought or OX bath as its some times called.

just mix it in a tub with water. to soak the rust off:end quote

I could have but it would have ruined the effect I decided on pursuing with the metal.I didnt polish the metal to remove rust,the polish was the effect I was after.

But in most cases your idea would be great,thanks man!

Hey guys.. Who has the 5 bar frame entered in the BO? Still looking for the thread.. Just thought asking here might speed up my search.. It's so hard to follow all the builds closely!

can i still join?

70mustangmatt said:
can i still join?

Yes you can as long as you are just starting the build (May 1st or after) and follow the rules.

Anyone interested in having a build-off weight loss challenge? I need to lose some weight and it's easier with others going along.

yoothgeye said:
70mustangmatt said:
can i still join?

Yes you can as long as you are just starting the build (May 1st or after) and follow the rules.

Anyone interested in having a build-off weight loss challenge? I need to lose some weight and it's easier with others going along.
thanks man

yoothgeye said:
70mustangmatt said:
can i still join?

Nah Im good man,150lbs. of pure smexy!lol

well the best of the best of the best is facing a problem (that would be my wife) our goose neck is stuck in the fork and has been less then cooperative evan have used the magic words and everything if I can't get it out am going to try cutting the goose neck and grinding out the stem if i damage the fork is it allowed to replace it or do I need a new frame?

the replacement would be from the same model of bike but purple so the geometries would be the same

went gorrila and got it out! it was EPIC! but for real and for next year do forks count as geometry?

jats said:
went gorrila and got it out! it was EPIC! but for real and for next year do forks count as geometry?

Nope, the frame itself is the only thing that needs to remain stock, fork swaps have been done since day 1 :wink:

CCR said:
jats said:

Nope, the frame itself is the only thing that needs to remain stock, fork swaps have been done since day 1 :wink:

The stock forks usually the first thing to go around here lol

Peatbog said:
Whoever loses has to vote on the other guy's bike? :p

I like that idea! haha It would have to be honor system, I mean we could take pictures on a scale, but who wants to see that? :oops:

yoothgeye said:

I'm down. what do you have to lose? I'm at 220 and should be 190. I need to get back on my own special diet. It's called the "don't eat anything that a fat person would eat" diet, pretty much any food item or quantity that you can picture some 400lb person stuffing there face with never goes in your mouth. It's actually really effective, I lost like 30lbs doing that about 2 years ago, and if you don't follow it strictly its a great weight maintenance strategy if you have no metabolism like me.

streetpirate said:
yoothgeye said:

I'm down. what do you have to lose? I'm at 220 and should be 190. I need to get back on my own special diet. It's called the "don't eat anything that a fat person would eat" diet, pretty much any food item or quantity that you can picture some 400lb person stuffing there face with never goes in your mouth. It's actually really effective, I lost like 30lbs doing that about 2 years ago, and if you don't follow it strictly its a great weight maintenance strategy if you have no metabolism like me.
My weight loss challenge is to get my build off bike done long before the deadline and ride it as much as I can this summer. of course I think ive done sweat off 5 lbs working on my bike in my shop.

I thought I had been gaining weight, but I got on the scale this morning (I'd been avoiding it for a long time) and come to find out, I'm still holding at 200lbs. but I'd really like to lose 15 and be at 185, 20 woule be ok too, but my goal is 15 pounds. The scale this morning actually said 201.5, but I was wearing clothes, shoes, had watch, wallet, keys, knife, phone, and camera (didn't take photo). I fluctuate during the day, so I'm pretty secure saying 200.

I say on the final day of the build off, whoever has lost the highest percentage of their target weight loss amount wins. The vote thing is a cute idea, but lets figure out something sillier so that nobody feels as if they've lost a vote.

So since my goal is 15, if I lose 7.5lbs. I'd be at 50%. I think this makes it fair since we are all shooting for different amounts... wait... that still doesn't make sense, ok, someone else chime in.

Latest posts

Back