BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold Street Customs said:
Rule #1 Don't stress out Steve !!!!!

Yeah Guys just do as I did!
For example I asked about powder coating here instead of PMing Steve...I was lucky to get out alive. Hence I wont be powder coating my frame :wink:

Double Nickle said:
NOT SURE IF THESE QUESTION HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THIS YEAR SO I WILL GO OVER THEM AGAIN!

Who is building the trophy?

tin machine said:
hey guys , what happen to member petrohead is he still building bikes ,haven't seen him on the site in a while ??

Hey Nickel, I promised last year before I started my build I would build the trophy for this year. Hey, Tin, I am still around and putzing with bikes. I am hoping to join in the fun this year just need to clear some stuff off the schedule before I can commit. I had such a blast last year and there is something about the spirit of the build-off that lights me up so gonna try my hardest to get on board. Looks like a crazy turn-out already. Hope to see you at the finish line!

Than Kahuna -can builda... Sorry I couldn't resist :mrgreen: now Get ta Buildin'!! Peace

:lol:
tin machine said:
hey Petrohead , was kinda hoping you had got into somethin else ..lol :lol: but welcome to the GREATEST SHOW on EARTH ..... i am sure you will knock it out of the park !! peace :wink:

:lol:

yoothgeye said:
Houndog said:
Copying one person is plagiarism,stealing from many is called "research".

Collaboration.

The first runs of any idea are usually inferior. Think of it as quality control.

Petrohead said:
Double Nickle said:
NOT SURE IF THESE QUESTION HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THIS YEAR SO I WILL GO OVER THEM AGAIN!

Who is building the trophy?

tin machine said:
hey guys , what happen to member petrohead is he still building bikes ,haven't seen him on the site in a while ??

Hey Nickel, I promised last year before I started my build I would build the trophy for this year. Hey, Tin, I am still around and putzing with bikes. I am hoping to join in the fun this year just need to clear some stuff off the schedule before I can commit. I had such a blast last year and there is something about the spirit of the build-off that lights me up so gonna try my hardest to get on board. Looks like a crazy turn-out already. Hope to see you at the finish line!

Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends............ya know the rest.....

WOW! 7 days into the build off and a lot of you guys have got a lot done.
i mite get mine done in 3 months if i dont have to many distractions.
yeah, right :roll:

beatcad said:
WOW! 7 days into the build off and a lot of you guys have got a lot done.
i mite get mine done in 3 months if i dont have to many distractions.
yeah, right :roll:

You squeezed one out last year, you can do it agai. You do any riding on that tall sissy-rebar bike?

Definately lots of top notch builds going on.Cant wait for the obscure,low press builds to hit the scene down the road.Ya know the ones you dont hear much of but when you see them you go "oh crap" and feel intimidated! lol

Xcruiser said:
Definately lots of top notch builds going on.Cant wait for the obscure,low press builds to hit the scene down the road.Ya know the ones you dont hear much of but when you see them you go "oh crap" and feel intimidated! lol

Like that Beer dude last year. He was crazy.

kingfish254 said:
Xcruiser said:

Yeah,,what was that thing called hmm....No fun?no Wheres the Rum?...nah Beeeeerrrrr Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!lol jk jk

I finally got the paying bikes done, I just don't know which piece to start on first, as paint will be one of the last things, and we are still catching up with the moving,money wise, so I have to wait a little on the stainless spoke purchase, I may have to go with more paint details than actual chrome as we know how pricey that can be, it won't be the rattiest ,but I kinda know what I want, and I came up with a little secret detail that will require some copper brazing :?: :?: :?: :?:

I think there's either been 3 or 4 new builds today, but the updates are slowing down. I am well on my way to getting 9 votes again.

yoothgeye said:
I think there's either been 3 or 4 new builds today, but the updates are slowing down. I am well on my way to getting 9 votes again.

I'm hoping for just 1. That way if I get more than that, I will have at least doubled and exceeded it!

Xcruiser said:
kingfish254 said:
Xcruiser said:

Yeah,,what was that thing called hmm....No fun?no Wheres the Rum?...nah Beeeeerrrrr Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!lol jk jk

I think that was it.
He was a real clown.
You never knew what he would put on his bike next.

WP_001266.jpg

Alright, this is what you've been waiting for, THIS is the RRB Build-Off Formula!

1- Old frame, brand doesn't matter as long as it is a tank frame and has "patina"
1- Tank or tank plate that you can fit onto the frame
1- Old different chainguard, can or can't be modified
1- fat fender set, both should be bobbed (send leftovers to Skipton)
1- set of fender skirts
1- oddball part for bike, motorcycle, or car
1- set of fat tires, probably 24"
1- old spring saddle, extra points for Brooks

Take all ingredients, put together, shake it up a little, and you've got a RRB Build-Off contender!

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
I think there's either been 3 or 4 new builds today, but the updates are slowing down. I am well on my way to getting 9 votes

Yep, I was really excited about getting my paint done because I was looking forward to how it would look, but now I'm losing interest because for the near future most of the work will be trying to remove rust on the parts I have. I've been waiting for the night rust fairies to take care of that, but the fairy union came in and ruined it for everyone.

Anyway, I have a new voting plan. When all is said and done, I'm voting for the builds that I had the most fun watching. The finished product will be secondary--maybe even thirdendary. :mrgreen:
I feel your pain on the rust,I almost gave up and switched bikes but fought through it best I could.I figured I commited to the bike and would see it through even if lack of paint cost me some attaboys from viewers for lack of effort.Trust me -polishing that bare metal took more effort than any of my previous paint jobs lol.
The rust fairies went on strike at my house to,little people and their dumb signs picketing on my sidewalk.....ridiculous!

Chips_Mahoy said:
yoothgeye said:

I'm hoping for just 1. That way if I get more than that, I will have at least doubled and exceeded it!

I like the way you think. I do not even need a nother Bike (LOL) way to many allready. but I am in just for the fun of it! :lol:

Latest posts

Back