POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat"

Hey Pick,
Can't wait to see your bike go together! I'm sure you got some fantastic Powder coating tricks up your sleeve
pick said:
So, I am building this one for my grandson (like he needs another bike! :mrgreen: )
Blasphemy!! You can never have too many bikes :lol:
You'll probably get yours done before I get mine done
Skipton said:
tin machine said:
Pick, you turned out to be a heavy hitter , last year great job , looking forward to your build .
+1! :mrgreen:
Dig what you got so far.
+2

pick said:
Randy: I may try that first. I see what you mean. Will have to test fit back tire to see if it's far enough back. Thanks for the tip!
What size are those OCCs? there is a far bit of metal back there, got a 20x3 on my wife's with some grinding
The extended dropouts (like Bad Apple)would look really cool too and maybe give a different stance too

Go for the tank!!

Best of Luck!
Steve

Thanks Steve! There won't be any Powder Coating on this rat! Tires are 20x3.

Tank or no tank? Your opinions are appreciated! Tanks for lookin! :lol: :mrgreen:

Tank? To early to tell. If you strip the paint off the frame, try using a propane torch and steel wool after. I did it last year and really liked the result....UH, wear gloves.

I say tank...it will balance out the beefy back end you have planned..that's my two cents.

KOTA said:
Tank? To early to tell. If you strip the paint off the frame, try using a propane torch and steel wool after. I did it last year and really liked the result....UH, wear gloves.

I'm leaning towards the tank idea. It will be bare metal also.

KOTA: Can ya send me a pic of the results with the torch & steel wool??? Sounds like something dangerous that I should try! I love playin with fire. :lol: :mrgreen:

Test fit the front tire on the forks today. Fits great, with no issues. I think it looks pretty cool too!

pocorata004.jpg

pocorata006.jpg

pocorata005.jpg

Got to figure out what to do with the front brake mount, or remove it altogether.

So far I'm on budget with this build! All parts I already had in my parts pile. Traded for the frame, got the porkchopper bike many years ago for $15. Can't remember how much I spent on the wheels & tires, but not much. I'm thinking I may be able to finish this thing with $50 total spent when it is finished. May splurge on some grips, but other than that, I have all I need to finish it! :D

ndaway said:
Really like the bullet idea 8)

Found those in my wife's make-up drawer! Hope she don't have the gun to go with it!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Love the tank on a muscle bike frame.
Love the wheels - MO FATTA MO BETTA
Love the bullets, Yooth may steal that idea.

Remember Dr. Tankenstein's build last year, triple trees *with* truss rods... there's something to do with those brake mounts. :wink:

pick said:
Since this is supposed to be a motorcycle type build, I thought it should have a tank. Not sure if I like it or not! Opinions? I believe it is a flightliner tank (not sure) that I can modify to fit with a little 20ga. metal & a few welds. Pretty sure I'm going with the bare metal build.

pocorata.jpg

What do you guys think???? Tank, different tank or no tank @ all?

looks cool but to keep it more moter cycle. try and find a miny bike gas tank. then weld / bolt it on.

yoothgeye said:
Remember Dr. Tankenstein's build last year, triple trees *with* truss rods... there's something to do with those brake mounts. :wink:

Great Idea! I will have to look into that. Thanks for your input! 8)

Got the frame torn apart last night & started stripping paint. Really hated to remove the "Custom" :lol: Paint on it, there was orange & blue over the original candy type red. They must have dismantled the bike to paint, because there was paint inside the bottom bracket & also in the steer tube. They didn't however remove the decals, just painted over them :?: Tried to get some pics, but camera batteries went dead on me. Will get some tonite. Using Aircraft paint stripper the gel type that comes in gallon cans, works great. Pretty good @ removing skin also! :lol:

Like that porkchopper with the fat tire!
Know you've waiting a while for the right bike to put that fork on.
Cool that it's a budget build! Sure that bike will look like a million bucks
Weird how they took it apart and then painted over the decal?!
Hopefully the stripping goes easy for you
Looking forward to seeing your pics

Latest posts

Back