show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of me on my 24" Spaceliner...or is it a Flightliner?...in 1963. Queing up for the parade. Gary
old1.jpg

thatismytruck said:
Just finished cleaning this one up!! It's for Boy. He loves riding it around. Now it's all greased up and polished. I made one nearly operational tank out of two (need a horn). The rear rack has a working taillight but no lens (please let me know if you have one) The clear coat is peeling but it gives it a nice patina.

IMG00014-20110731-1558.jpg

More info on this model year etc please

I just bought this Spaceliner. Hopefully it will be back on the road by summer.
What is the bracket on the down tube for?
jc-higgins.jpg

kensmurray said:
I just bought this Spaceliner. Hopefully it will be back on the road by summer.
What is the bracket on the down tube for?
jc-higgins.jpg

Yours would have come with a "7 tank" like the left bike here:
DSC00464.jpg

Thanks outskirtcustoms, now I know.
Kenny

This is my flightliner. It is in dire need of attention. All the chrome is flaking off and the front tire (which was original) popped last year and I whipped a s-7 rim/tire on for transport. Let me know what you think I should do with it. Also am looking for a cheap white sears tank for it.
DSCN8456.jpg

Finally got my bikes

This is a beautiful Mens and Womens pair of middleweight Sears cruisers in very nice condition. These bikes have all original parts with the original tank, saddle and rear rack. These were top of the line, cool space age bikes for '63 with springer forks, built in horn, 2 speed kickback hubs, coaster brakes, fullfenders and tank with headlights and taillights. Both of these very rare mid-century bikes have been overhauled with new tires and chains and are ready for spring riding. If you love old Vintage cruisers you will love these.

SpacelinerGuys.jpg

SpacelinerGirls.jpg

Here's my stash
60-61 Flightliners
PC250159.jpg

PC250160.jpg

Spaceliner
P7240043.jpg

Fleetwing (Similar to a flightliner)
Fleetwing002-vi.jpg

All of which found so far this year.

Here's my just completed Spaceliner drag bike, with my 68 Shelby KR as a back drop.
components: 70's 27" ten speed front rim, 27x1.25 front tire, 26" heavy duty rim with Bendix hub from a 1992 Emory heavy duty bike, 26x2.35 Hutchinson lowrider back tire, Schwinn crank and sprocket, handlebars and stem are from the Emory also. Brooks B68 seat, forks from a 1974 Murray.
Kenny
img_2336.jpg

img_2318.jpg

img_2323.jpg

img_2337.jpg

img_2339.jpg

img_2327.jpg

img_2326.jpg

img_2321.jpg

Nice build Spokeshave.

Craiggo said:
This is my flightliner. It is in dire need of attention. All the chrome is flaking off and the front tire (which was original) popped last year and I whipped a s-7 rim/tire on for transport. Let me know what you think I should do with it. Also am looking for a cheap white sears tank for it.
DSCN8456.jpg
Here's a tank for you.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54680&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=tanks

Heres my Hiawatha spaceliner framed bike. Not sure what they called it.
when I got it
hiawathaallpro.jpg

what it looks like right now
hia2.jpg

plan on putting the rack back on after I find a new arm for it

Latest posts

Back