When

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did every and all old bikes become made of gold.It seems every bike on Craigslist is worth 4 to 5 times what it should be.I just want to Email everyone of them and tell them to get a grip, they lost reality. Thanks for letting me vent, i feel better now......

Look at the ebay ads to the right. If my bikes are worth half what those people are asking, I'll sell every one of them.

I think when people generally are willing to pay increased prices, then the value goes up whether we like it or not. We might recall that only recently these things were dirt cheap, but that would be past. However, as long as people refuse the crazy prices, they'll eventually have to come down or they won't sell. Some folks might hold out for that elusive "right buyer", but generally it'll have to normalize if the sellers really want to sell. But if people actually do start paying elevated prices for old bikes regularly, then it will become the new normal. But I don't think it'll last. Shows like American Pickers or American Restoration will come and go, and then the exposure and interest will fade.

Lots of people think Mike and Frank are going to show up at any minute. :D
Funny thing is, if they would pay attention to the show, Mike and Frank don't pay those prices either! :shock: :shock:

If I see a bike I would like to have, I email them an offer for what I think it's worth to me.
You may be surprised at how often that works. :wink:

my favorite part is when they put a chaing guard on a regular bike and call it a shelby flyer or phantom
have a guy locally pushing a murry bike with a shelby chain guard for 399 :lol:

Yeah that's why I call it "Crack"list. I have to wonder how many are on crack. That's a great deal on the specialized and two cruisers for $40 though. There's one I am half tempted to get on my local craigslist but I need more bikes like a hole in the head. My shed is packed. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah that's why I call it "Crack"list. I have to wonder how many are on crack. That's a great deal on the specialized and two cruisers for $40 though. There's one I am half tempted to get on my local craigslist but I need more bikes like a hole in the head. My shed is packed. :mrgreen:

I hear you...but there still is the occasional deal out there. Must be folks that don't have cable... Almost all of the bikes I have were found on craigslist; I've scored a number of multiple-bike lots for relatively cheap. Consequently, I find myself looking regularly, because it seems anything I think is a good deal is also likely to be snatched up by someone else quickly if I don't act on it immediately. But like you say, I need more bikes like a hole in the head. My garage loft can't take many more, and my basement is small...

that waco deal above wouldn't last the day around here. the hipsters have figured out cl and now the scrap yards. they buy pretty high anyways, then sell for even more. crazyness.

Latest posts

Back