Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hum... yeah, from that point of view you might be right, but if you take an internet search, you'll find more of these for sale than the coupes. But on the other hand this might be a short interpretation of the issue 'cause there may be more coupes than saloons but people don't sell them..
I'm from Portugal.

Oh aye.
And I am familiar with the Richard Hornsby & Sons producer gas engines. Hornsby even called them the 'Stockport' engine.
If it was sold new to Lisbon, it must have been sold through Harker, Sumner & Co.

Few people know that Richard Hornsby also invented the caterpillar track.

What will you use to fuel the engine?

Baron von Zach said:
Oh aye.
And I am familiar with the Richard Hornsby & Sons producer gas engines. Hornsby even called them the 'Stockport' engine.
If it was sold new to Lisbon, it must have been sold through Harker, Sumner & Co.

Few people know that Richard Hornsby also invented the caterpillar track.

What will you use to fuel the engine?

:shock: How did you know that? Now I must evaluate exactly how resourcefull you are :D
This gas producer was in fact sold by Harker & Sumner. They were located at Corpo Santo street in Lisbon and still operate here, but I found out little from them.
Could you provide me with any info on these engines? This one started working in 1917, but I found out by the serial number that it was produced in 1908.
The gas producer is gone. Someone sold it for junk before the museum got hold of the property. The engine was taken from the mill to be used on mechanic classes at a local school, but no such thing ever happened. They just left it out on the open.
We placed it back on the mill in 2009, piston glued, covered in dirt, all painted grey.
Now everything functions, and we will, for starters, use an electric engine on a nearby room to give it motion using a leather belt. If it is ok, we'll think about using propane gas. In fact it worked on propane during the late 1960's and early 1970's. Such option will involve the restoration of the cooling circuit, now disrrupted.
Any help would be appreciated. I can also shared what I've got.
Many thanks

DougTimme said:
Here are a few of mine
IMG_0075.jpg

010-9.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

031.jpg

Oh no one of those darn fools with a spotless garage. JK. Wish mine would stay that clean. :mrgreen:

Just got back from Billetproof.First time I have been able to get a photo of the car.51' Chevy Styleline Deluxe.
-Kreep-
51_patty.jpg

Ok, here's my latest. 58 Euro bug, sold new in Belgium. Original paint, engine, brake drums, etc. I've owned it a long time, about 25 years and just started working on it so I can drive it around. I even have the original ad from when I bought it. I think I paid $1500.00 for it.
scan0001.jpg

100_1889.jpg

100_1888.jpg

100_1890.jpg

100_1887.jpg

Check out the wheels I modified, no valve stems.
100_1896.jpg

100_1894.jpg

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
Ok, here's my latest. 58 Euro bug, sold new in Belgium. Original paint, engine, brake drums, etc. I've owned it a long time, about 25 years and just started working on it so I can drive it around. I even have the original ad from when I bought it. I think I paid $1500.00 for it.
100_1896.jpg

100_1894.jpg

Nice bug. Reversed rims?......valve stems on the inside?

bean said:
Big Fat Whitewalls said:
100_1896.jpg

100_1894.jpg

Nice bug. Reversed rims?......valve stems on the inside?
Yes, valve stems are on the inside. I changed the offset on the front wheels to move them in away from the fenders, and changed the offset on the rear wheels to move them out closer to the fenders. The fronts are 4.5", and the rears are 5.5". When I did this, I turned the rims around to put the valve stems on the inside.

Here is my Ghia. Don't get out with it as much as I would like.

Picture208.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

Ignore the missing hubcap in the last pic. I do have it, I had just been working on it.

juss got this yesterday ! "74" F-250 with a 1979 front end and running gear, 460 BIG BLOCK , 20.000 miles on new motor , headers with flowmaster Exsaust , fun Bike hauler !

5L45Kc5J93Kd3Lc3Mec3l2878433c951f1500.jpg

Latest posts

Back