Having fun with my JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got this a few days ago.

IMG_0828.jpg

I think I'm heading towards the klunker look. Had some Mongoose grips. Borrowed a seat from my Pacific mtn bike.

IMG_0837.jpg

I have some chimichanga balloon tires coming and a heavy sprung ebay saddle too. We'll see what seat wins.

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
I wouldn't have pulled the tank or the rack, to me that's what made it unique.

I'm giving it a second thought. Gonna put them back on for a look. Kinda decided against "trying to make it look Klunker". I'll just keep working and see what happens.

Yeah man! I like that. You gotta keep the tank, fender and front struts!!!

Thanks BFW!

Inshane, Thanks for the link. I was heading for work so I looked at them too fast. Great Job! I'll check them out again. I had those twisted bars, with purple wrap tape, on the last bike my parents got me. Then it was motorcycles.

$(KGrHqYOKm8E6IOJqMbiBOkYUYDNlQ~~60_57.JPG

Would this be ugly on my bike? Maybe I need an older frame for this but I like it. $45 on ebay vs Brooks for $145. Thanks for your input, Mick

Really nice build so far. Really like what you did with it.
Go with whatever you think looks good! Its your bike, build it the way you think would look the coolest to you.

Personally, i think that saddle would look great on your bike.

Sure like this build. 8) . Just my $.02 but I like the version below with a slightly more vintage black seat.
flatflip said:
I see where the rat trap spring and the clothespin brown springer seat might match but it seams kinda big for the bike.
This is how I put one of my Spaceliners together with the original seat (I think), The seat pan is kinda hard but it has soft springs
IMG_4282II.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

I'm jealous of your tank :mrgreen: 8)
Good Luck!
Steve

MplsCoaster said:
Sure like this build. 8) . Just my $.02 but I like the version below with a slightly more vintage black seat.
flatflip said:
I see where the rat trap spring and the clothespin brown springer seat might match but it seams kinda big for the bike.
This is how I put one of my Spaceliners together with the original seat (I think), The seat pan is kinda hard but it has soft springs
IMG_4282II.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

I'm jealous of your tank :mrgreen: 8)
Good Luck!
Steve

Thanks! I really want a new seat. That one is comfy and the big springs look cool but I've got my eye open for something closer to original.

Loving your Spaceliner. Awesome! Thanks for the great pics.

Latest posts

Back