Lets see your BLUE colored bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject matter but short enough to keep things interesting."-outskirtscustoms
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's some of the best "signature" material I've ever witnessed. Consider it stolen. (w/ your name for the creds of course! :wink: )

StepChld said:
"A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject matter but short enough to keep things interesting."-outskirtscustoms
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's some of the best "signature" material I've ever witnessed. Consider it stolen. (w/ your name for the creds of course! :wink: )

Actually I stole it from someone's signature on another forum but he had a picture that went with it. Found it during a Google image search for bicycle ideas.

bridge-1024x768.jpg

thanks for the compliment and question..i did this with dupli color automotive paint.straight from a spray can.then i used dupli color again for the clear. which was said to be high gloss on the can but it seemed that it only glossed the darker blue. the lighter blue almost got a satin look to it and even after i polished the whole thing out. the light colored area felt a little gritty.. im not sure what happened. i do know though that i was not pleased with how easily the paint chipped off. i primed it with etch primer and sanded it down. which may have been a mistake i think but it was way to easy to knick it up. i thought auto paint meant tougher than regular..that wasnt the case. the dupli color did lay down though really well and the fade gridated very nicely. sometimes when you use a spray bomb to fade it makes huge slotches but this seemed very fine mist like coats. so it lent well to the fade i will note though i did soak the cans in warm water for a few minutes to make the spray come out finer. overall i was pleased with it and again thanks for the question and compliment.

Awesome, I have used Duplicolor too and normally have no problems. I remove all stickers, sand it down to get at the factory primer, rough it up with 80 grit sand paper, spray a coat or two of dollar store grey primer (Works best out of anything I have ever used and it's cheaper). Then I mist on 5-7 coats of color, waiting 30 minutes between coats, wet sand, and finish with 3-5 coats of clear again waiting 30 minutes between coats.

I have noticed that if you don't rough up the surface paint chips easier and Duplicolor's primer isn't the greatest.

Latest posts

Back