We Have A Moulton!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Found this one on craigslist in a multiple bike listing. full suspension 16" stowaway (not a folder.) drove 3 hours to get it and brought it home!! the previous owner's dad bought it new and used ir to run parts from a warehouse to an automotive store for 30 years until he passed away and left it to his son. after it was passed on, it sat in a garage until i picked it up. the guy that had it for some reason spray painted the entire front wheel black. so i stripped it this morning and polished the chrome and now its as good as new. apart from the tires it looks all original. not sure of the year though. anyone know anything about these?

Other than seeing one on American Pickers and hearing an outrageous price I know nothing about them. It is cool looking though.

I'm sure you will find the year somewhere on the 'net through the serial no.'s as I recently watched a documentary on the BBC that had a small feature on these bikes and the braziers and builders left there names or marks on the bikes every time they finished there little part! :D These bikes have a great little history! keep us posted with anything you find!!!

If you google moulton bicycles. And when it comes up go to the heritage section and your bike is in there.Tony

Nice bike. Check under the boot (the lower part of the steerer above the crown) for corrosion, water can get in there and not get out. As my friend discovered to his cost - after a comprehensive restoration.

I think I've got a couple of original tyres in my garage to fit that. An Avon and a Dunlop if I remember correctly. Blackwalls. I'll check tomorrow.

Found one, an unused original. I've had three or four knocking around waiting for a project for several years. I gave two to my boss (to use on his ancient Burrows Windcheetah recumbent trike which uses them on the front wheels) but I'm sure he never fitted them. I'll ask if he still wants them.

You can have it (or them, if my boss wants to hand the two unused back to me) for the cost of postage if you want them. Gimme a few days to give him a chance to find them.

These are great bikes. Someday I will find one too.
I have a Raleigh Twenty from the 70s, but it doesn't compare to a Moulton.

Sorry I was sure I'd responded to this sooner. Guess I didn't hit the 'submit' button!

I can't find the missing pair, sorry. They've been put somewhere safe I suspect, so they are not to be found. So I've got just one, the black wall mentioned, which you are welcome to have FOC with my compliments. If one black tyre is of any use to you please let me know and I'll send it off to you.

Mick

Latest posts

Back