Making My Own Head Badges

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Ax, now you're just showing off :mrgreen: I'm guessing the Peerless on the right. The Rollfast pedal plates are awesome and the WF badges, put it over the top! Nice work friend...I'll pm you about my efforts..

columbia badge. very hard to do specially those inside cuts. correct hole spacing for a 1945 civilian model

columbiaheadbadge.jpg

those are awesome badges.. will you be selling some? if so i'm interested..looking for some pree war schwinn, schwinn admiral..

I think he's getting better. :shock: That Johnson badge looks factory made. From now on, I will wonder if any "old badge" that I see is really old. :p Keep up the good work. Gary

Haha I figured it was just a matter of time before somebody started doing these. They look really great! Word of warning to those who want to try it.....as an experienced metalsmith and intaglio printmaker, I STRONGLY recommend ferric chloride as an etching solution. Muriatic acid produces an insane amount of invisible fumes. I saw a hall of fame bladesmith accidentally drink a mouthful of Ferric chloride once, and he was fine. Well, he did say his fillings felt funny afterward. :lol:

Wow again Axe...nice work!

I've been trying to find someone to make some head badges for my bikes that I build. Now I can make them myself. Great thread!!

I saw this done on one of those craft tv shows. They use their image cutter and put on an etching liquid. They do plates too. But they are trying to sell you the machine.

Made some stickers with a Cricut machine for my winter build off bike.
reverse printing a sticker and etching will be the next thing to try.
Very cool thread!

Latest posts

Back