Drank'in & Ride'in Or **How you stash your parts**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got this Bridgeport Ale Cruiser today for $40 bucks. A guy won it at a bar in a raffle. Not his style. After talking with him for a while and feeling comfortable that it wasn't stolen. I scoop'd it up. This is the first bike that I feel might break the camels back so to speak as far as buying too many bikes. I have been instructed as recently as last week by the lady of the house not to walk into the apt with another bike. So this one is hidden away in the van! $40 bucks? How could I not have?

weird sticker placement makes the bars look kinda wavy.

Untitled by buck50sdelt, on Flickr

The fenders are right pretty.

And being that they are local the St.Johns Bridge makes an appearance up front!

Re: Drank'in & Ride'in

After spending an evening with it I have come to the conclusion:

:cry: BIGGEST POS I HAVE EVER SEEN :cry: . I am further insulted by the manufacturer. BIKE USA, made in china. Keeping seat. Bike already sold.

heyslugger said:

:cry: BIGGEST POS I HAVE EVER SEEN :cry: . I am further insulted by the manufacturer. BIKE USA, made in china. Keeping seat. Bike already sold.

Yep, that's a sign of the times. Just look around
Bike USA: Made in China
Chicago tools: Made in Taiwan (China)
Pittsburgh tools: Made in China
Milwaukee tools: Made in Milwaukee, CHINA

I would get all patriotic and fly a flag high in my yard but those are made in China too :cry:

Well, it's already gone, but in the future, when a new bike has to be unnoticed by the wife, do like I do. I disassemble the bike and stash the frame up in the rafters of the garage, and the wheels and everything else aren't even noticed. I've got a dozen frames that will sit up there until everyone realizes they need a real bike frame, made somewhere other than China, to build up. Although some of the Chinese made aren't bad, it's the components that make a lot of bikes cheap.

Wildcat said:
...up in the rafters of the garage, and the wheels and everything else aren't even noticed.

HA! I had totally stashed a frame up in the closet behind some jackets and two days ago hid the wheels behind a lounge chair and thought I had committed the perfect crime. We were sitting in the movies about 5 hours ago and she mentioned casually that she had found a wheel set behind the chair. "Shhhh" I said, "Movies starting!" <--- didn't work.

The trick is to just keep moving them around ,pretty soon they "out of sight,out of mind" what bike! I'm very lucky though my wife dosent say anything exept. How many do you need?
Honey I need more parts.

IMG_0243.jpg

I like that. Always looking for space to stash parts. Front Closet is on the must try list.

My method of obscuring the evidence is two fold. If it is small, I put it on a book case, just above wife eye level and she never sees it...like deer, she never looks up. Or, if it is larger, I put it in the garage and let it get a nice layer of dust on it. When I finally bring it into the house, and she says something, I tell her it's just something I've had in the garage for a while...true. Nice trick with the frame, I must admit.

outskirtscustoms said:
heyslugger said:

Yep, that's a sign of the times. Just look around
Bike USA: Made in China
Chicago tools: Made in Taiwan (China)
Pittsburgh tools: Made in China
Milwaukee tools: Made in Milwaukee, CHINA

I would get all patriotic and fly a flag high in my yard but those are made in China too :cry:

You guys are killin' me with this thread :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost shot milk through my nose,I was laughing so hard :!: I don't have a wife any more,so my house looks like I live in a bike shop.That's probably why I find this thread so funny.I remember what it's like to be married.That frame on a hanger all non-chalant like is classic :lol: :lol: Cracks me up just thinking about it :!:
As far as the flag waving goes;I was talking to a guy the other day about China.He summed it up perfectly:"In the beginning,God created the heavens and the Earth.Everything else is made in China."
thanks for the laughs fellas :!:

good stuff. i guess i'm lucky to work at a repair shop with lots of storage. i can have as many bikes and surfboards as i want 8)

I had a friend over last night. He hasn't been to my place in a while. He went to use my hallway bathroom and said "hey, there's a bike in here" I said look closer there's two bikes in there. So he looked behind the shower curtain and found bike #2.
Between all my cars, bikes, and snakes it's no wonder I can't find a wife :lol:

This thread is hilarious, just off the top of my head I know I have enough parts in my bedroom to build a complete bike, Under the dresser's bottom drawer I have a fork, 3 cranks, 3 sprockets, and a few odd and end small parts. In the closet there is a frame and fork, handlebars, and 3 sets of tires. Under the bed there are 2 sets of rim hoops, and a set of tires, In the top drawer of the dresser buried under my socks are a Bendix rear hub and a Schwinn front hub. On top of the dresser are 2 sets of 26" tubes packed in flat rate boxes, and there are 2 fenders behind my headboard. 8)

I'm not married but I do have a fiance. Boxing parts helps hide the mess a lot. Just remember to label the boxes so you can find stuff later.

Latest posts

Back